lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-17-2009, 01:13 PM   #1
2fastlx
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Converting to 48 volt - charger ?

Hey guys,
Im trying to convert my 97 DS to 48v. The cart is a resistor type I got a set of 48v batts and charger from a friend of mine. The charger is a 48v lester powerdrive with the 3-prong plug. As you probably know, my cart has a 2-prong recepticle. I wired the batts together outside the cart and wired up the receptacle to them and plugged in the charger to see if they would accept a charge, and nothing. I know the gray wire on the back of the 48v receptacle goes to the on board computer so Im assuming that is how the cart tells the charger to shut off. My question is : is there any way to use this charger with my cart without converting the cart to a controller type? Any help would be appreciated as Im trying to figure out all I can about these things.

Thanks, John
2fastlx is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car