lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-20-2008, 08:41 AM   #1
TNTman
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Off the wall Idea that might work???

I was talking with a gear head buddy, telling him about my idea to make my 91 XT881 36V electric into a service cart for my business, when I retire in 3 years. He made a suggestion that sounded crazy at first, but the more I think about it the better I like it.

Since the cart is an industrial all steel cart, with a 3K lb. gross capacity take the batteries out, gaining 250 or so lbs. of useable load. Buy and mount a Miller Trailblazer 302 welder/generator on the cart, just in front of the rear axle. The welder/generator would be diesel, and can be set to generate the power the cart would need to be driven, then when I arrive at my service destination, the generator could be switched to run a compressor, the welder, or any power tools I might need for the service call. The welder/generator weighs 568 lbs. so after subtracting the weight of the discarded batteries I would still have a useable carrying capacity of 1182 lbs. And if field repair is not an option, I can still tow the disabled cart back to my shop with my pintle hitch and a tow dolly.

Other than the $4500 price tag, does anyone see a significant reason why this couldn't work?

Thanks,

Robin
Attached Images
File Type: jpg EZTow0120a.jpg (59.4 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg Trailblazer302[1].jpg (13.9 KB, 7 views)
File Type: jpg EZTow0229.jpg (87.3 KB, 6 views)
TNTman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 10:56 AM   #2
TNTman
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Off the wall Idea that might work???

Just saw another thread that didn't like this idea, but they were talking about straight engine powered welders, and this is a welder/generator combo. It is 23 h.p. and can generate 9500 AC watts continuously, or 13-35 DC Volts at 325 amps.

I think a 36V system can squeeze by at 35V but is 325 amps enough???

Robin
TNTman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2008, 12:47 PM   #3
pggroves
steeplejack x

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Off the wall Idea that might work???

Is the duty cycle really continuous?
What is the DC output in volts/amps?
pggroves is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO