lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-28-2015, 07:49 PM   #1
indeep
Not Yet Wild

Default regen or series rebuild?

I have a 2004 club car ds 48v IQ that was involved in a salt water flood. Everything but the chasis and body are toast. I'm doing a total rebuild. I have not purchased a charger yet. I did pick up a new mcor motor and on board computer, also a new solenoid that I assume I will have to replace to upgrade motor. I am lifting the cart 6" and will probably run 10 or 12" tires. It will be used mostly tooling around the campground with some on road and light off road. What would be the most cost effective way to go, Regen or Series. And if I go Series, what changes need to be made? I've noticed none of the high amp altrax controllers seem to have the right plug ins for the factory wiring harness. Do they come with adapters. And lastly, do both types of motor bolt on to the same rear end. I've never done this before, so I may have many more questions.
indeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 10:20 PM   #2
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Default Re: regen or series rebuild?

to BGW

I would go series. They are regarded as the "workhorse" carts. They produce more torque at a lower temperature than a sepex system.
Scottyb at Carts Unlimited (a site sponsor) can hook you up. Here is a link to his site. http://cartsunlimited.net/ There is a lot of good reading there!
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 05:57 PM   #3
indeep
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: regen or series rebuild?

It seems from other forums I've read, most prefer series. I'll check out carts unlimited and see what it takes. Thanks jakesnake27
indeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car