lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-18-2008, 06:45 PM   #1
gatorgitter
Not Yet Wild

Default How far is too far ? (distance)

Howdy, Y'all...
I just got a used/stock '03 G-22 ; looks to be low hrs, and in good shape ; runs great. Naturally, the 1st thing I did was tighten the govenor nut. (lift kit and tires on the way) . I haven't got my tiny tach to work, yet, but it's doesnt seem to be revving too hard or anything...

My question is "How far can I drive it, non stop, at ~3/4+ throttle?". On my old G1 2-stroke, I was told never more than 1/2 mile at a time, and I believe it . My mom lives 1.2 miles away, and the kids want to know if they can drive to to her house. I can TELL/YELL them to take it easy, but they are Boys ; hence the worst case scenario/question.

I'm guessing that the 4-stoke won't have near the limitation of the 2-stroke , in this case, but you never know. I'm reminded that they are designed to go from hole-to-hole.

thanks,
gator.
gatorgitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-18-2008, 08:27 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: How far is too far ? (distance)

I would put the govenor back to stock ( OR LESS!) and let em have it. LOL
Boys will be boys. One day you will lift the seat and find a stick jammed in the govenor anyway....
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 07:56 AM   #3
gatorgitter
Not Yet Wild

ScottyB...
I appreacite the thought, but I don't have it in my heart to restict them too much ; they Love it, and it brings me joy to see them having such a good time. I Do holler at them about Safely 1st, and they are really good drivers , for thier age. Right now, we're running ~18-19 mph, wot, on a flat smooth rd. When I install my lift &tires, I'll back the govenor out a little ,to keep about the same speed.

Still... any ideas on max driving distance of a g-22, running ~15+ mph. Can it safely do a mile+ ? how about 2+ ? btw, I don't plan on 'taking it to the store' or anything ; just messing around our semi-rural neighborhood.

thanks,
gator.
gatorgitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 08:14 PM   #4
turnagainhardcore
Gone Wild

how much gas you got in the tank
turnagainhardcore is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha