lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-23-2012, 10:08 PM   #1
club car alta
Not Yet Wild

Default 2002 club car charger turns on then shuts off. battery light flashes?

Hi guys i just got a 2002 club car with a 36 volt system. im new to the electric cart. when i got this cart the battery's were no good and sat a year. So i got 6 brand new battery's, cables. cart drove great for six rounds then ran out of juice. so i figured the charger was bad. It is a power drive the first model. so i got the button and relay and put them in. still didn't work. the charger will turn on max amps then shut off then turn right back on then shut off after a minute and button pops. So i barrowed a guys power drive 2 charger that would stay on but would do a max amp charge for awhile then the button would pop out. His charger would get really hot after awhile on mine. so when i barrow his it will charge my cart to last a round and that's about it. and the battery light with flash off and on and several different times during the round even when i first put the batterys in it did this. im about ready to throw in the towel. im now thinking it is something on the cart side of it then the charger.
club car alta is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-23-2012, 10:40 PM   #2
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Default Re: 2002 club car charger turns on then shuts off. battery light flashes?

are you sure its a 36 volt cart? are you certain you didn,t put 6 volt batteries in a 48 volt cart? what does the receptical look like where you plug charger into cart? is it round if so you have a 48 volt cart if its a crows foot type then its a 36 volt cart and you,llneed to go over all your cable connections to make certain you hooked batteries up right............and if its a 48 volt cart that neg cable on #6 battery has to go thur that hole in OBC........................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 10:57 PM   #3
club car alta
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 2002 club car charger turns on then shuts off. battery light flashes?

my battery plug in is round three round pins. i got 6 volt battery's in it. so i might need to get 8 volt battery's in stead? if so i can get my serial number tomorrow to check for sure. maybe thats why the guy i got it from battery's went bad? and the charger keeps poping. i got t 105 batterys 6 volts in it. that never even crossed my mine im glad i found this site tonight. will it be safe to run a couple more times i got a tourney tomorrow.
club car alta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 06:48 AM   #4
Stevegrmich
Medicare Recipient
E-Z-GO

Round, 3 wire charger receptacle in cart is for 48v system . . . should be a controller cart vs a resistor cart . . .
Stevegrmich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 08:03 AM   #5
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by club car alta View Post
my battery plug in is round three round pins. i got 6 volt battery's in it. so i might need to get 8 volt battery's in stead? if so i can get my serial number tomorrow to check for sure. maybe thats why the guy i got it from battery's went bad? and the charger keeps poping. i got t 105 batterys 6 volts in it. that never even crossed my mine im glad i found this site tonight. will it be safe to run a couple more times i got a tourney tomorrow.
i wouldbn,t but its ot my cart...............yes you have a 48 volt cart thats your problem you need either 2 more 6 volt batteries or a set of 8 volt batteries and all will be well.................we see this a lot........................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car