lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-11-2012, 09:38 PM   #1
mr wayne
Not Yet Wild

Default 09 Precedent I2 Excel

I've been reading here a while. Bought my first cart today. When I got home, started reading more on model #'s and found out mine is a PHxxxx. Which is a controller with a breaking step programmed in. Talked to Rick at Plum Quick today about a motor upgrade and was told I have to have this certain program removed to be able to do any upgrades. Said I could send it to them and they would remove it from my contoller for $150+ shipping. I don't see why a certified tech can't plug a handheld into the port under the dash and do this. Anyone know if this is possible? I also have the 4-12volt battery setup. My battery tub is also made to hold 8volt batteries. If I change to the 6-8volt system, can I use the same controller and charger? How much would Trojan T1275 batteries 1yr old be worth to try and sell?
Thanks Wayne
mr wayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-11-2012, 09:40 PM   #2
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Default Re: 09 Precedent I2 Excel

Any dealer can plug in the IQDM handheld machine and turn off the "EXCEL BRAKING" feature and it will behave much more like an IQ controller.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 09:47 PM   #3
mr wayne
Not Yet Wild

Thanks. Does that mean I would be set up like all the rest of the IQ systems as for as for motor upgrades? What about my battery question? Could you answer that too? I tried to find a way to IM you from here earlier but could'nt find out how.
Thanks
Old 06-11-2012, 10:06 PM   #4
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

As far as motor upgrades you should be the same as IQ regardless. It's got the same motor as an IQ car from the factory. Upgrades should work the same way as far as I'm concerned. I've never upgraded an Excel car but I don't foresee any issues except with the speed sensor issue mentioned by PQ, which can easily be turned off.

Yes you can use the same controller and charger. As far as the value of the 1 year old 12V batteries, somewhere around 100 bucks or so would be fair.
Old 06-11-2012, 10:12 PM   #5
mr wayne
Not Yet Wild

Thanks again for the reply. Do you mean $100 each or for all 4 batteries?
Old 06-12-2012, 08:22 AM   #6
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

each
Old 06-12-2012, 11:55 AM   #7
mr wayne
Not Yet Wild

Ok thanks. Talked to alocal shop today about turning off the speed sensor in the controller. Said he did it and put a turned up motor in and would not work. What are your thoughts on this? Saidhe could not take it out but just turned it to 0. Do you think the system would have to be reprogrammed?
Old 06-12-2012, 01:32 PM   #8
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

He's changing the wrong setting. He's turning the "Pedal Up Mode" to "0". He needs to be turning off the "EXCEL BRAKING" feature. Ask him to define "Turned up motor" Also ask him to define "would not work" Sorry but I need more specific details.
Old 06-12-2012, 01:38 PM   #9
mr wayne
Not Yet Wild

Ok. Im going to talk to him this evening again and i will ask him. I will get back to you tonite. Thanks for taking the time to answer my questions.
Old 06-12-2012, 03:46 PM   #10
mr wayne
Not Yet Wild

Just got off the phone with that local tech. Said he plugged his handheld into a 09 PHxxxxxx model. All he sees is Fast Pedal - pedal up Mode - Cal - S 3 Forward Speed. Said he dont see any thing says excel braking. I dont really understand the upgrading of these electric motors much but said they change magnets and something else for more speed and torque. What do think? He said on the one they put this motor on he had turned the pedal up mode to 0. The cart only gained 3 mph with that upgraded motor. The same motor in a PQxxxxxx cart gained i think something like 8 to 10 mph.

Last edited by mr wayne; 06-12-2012 at 03:53 PM.. Reason: Added more info
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car