lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-27-2011, 10:17 PM   #1
gsxrfan
Gone Wild

Default Tries to move

As some of you may recall, last week I had an mishap while working on my cart. I have tried restting the OBC, and still when I press the pedal, I get a click, and you can feel the cart try to move. It kind of shutters a bit, then just quits. Thi is in forward and reverse.
Does this sound like a solenoid or a OBC? If it is an OBC, would any of you that have upgraded yours happen to have a stock one laying around? My cart is an 02 DS Iq.....48vlt.
I am tired of spending money on this thing! I am about ready to haul it to the junk yard!!
My wife and I are trying to buy a new house and I just dont have the money to spend!!
Any freebies or spares would be appreciated more than you know!!!
gsxrfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-27-2011, 10:19 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Tries to move

You should seriously consider the fact that you may indeed have a bad battery.

Congrates on the home!
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 08:27 AM   #3
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

if its stuttering trying to move yes that indicates a battery problem or a bad cable connection.....thats where to start...........voltage of each battery and voltage under load.........thats all it takes to stop the cart.......................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 09:18 AM   #4
sonicj
Gone Wild

Club Car

you aren't doing yourself or anyone else trying to help any favors by starting a new thread for the same the problem. neither the OBC nor the solenoid was mentioned in the previous thread; what leads you to believe these are the source of the problem? as stated before, the most likely scenario is that you took out the controller when you shorted the wrench or whatever it was across the live terminals.

post exactly what happened and exactly what you have done to troubleshoot the problem and you'll likely receive much more useful responses.
-sj
sonicj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2011, 09:24 AM   #5
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicj View Post
you aren't doing yourself or anyone else trying to help any favors by starting a new thread for the same the problem. neither the OBC nor the solenoid was mentioned in the previous thread; what leads you to believe these are the source of the problem? as stated before, the most likely scenario is that you took out the controller when you shorted the wrench or whatever it was across the live terminals.

post exactly what happened and exactly what you have done to troubleshoot the problem and you'll likely receive much more useful responses.
-sj
S. thanks for pointing that out....yes if this was the same cart that had the issue with the wrench than we need to start where we left off and yes i also have to agree its nothing but confusing when you start a new post for the same cart and problems but you word it differently.........its much more helpful to just stay with the same post and post what you did or tested and what results were......................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car