lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-26-2011, 08:39 PM   #1
stumper
Not Yet Wild

Default 84 ezgo buyer questions

Going to look at an 84 ez go electric tommorow. I have drilled the search function on the forum and have gotten some wonderful info,BUT I have a few questions I didnt find answers to.....

How much run time should I expect? Owner says he is getting about 10 miles on a charge. Batteries were new in 08. Its a 36 volt.

Whats expected top speed on one of these? No idea what model it is,just that its an 84.

And last but not least....Whats it worth? New tires, looks to be in good shape, been stored indoors yr round as long as he has had it....not sure about previous owners. HAs a top and windshield and a foul weather cover .

Looking forward to becoming an active member on this sweet forum!!

stumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-26-2011, 09:06 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 84 ezgo buyer questions

Welcome to BGW!
That is a clean looking '84. The top speed will right around 10-13 mph, lots of variable factors there ...
Run time on new batteries could be 100 minutes.... at 10mph would be a range of 15 miles ... of course aged batteries will differ according to their condition.
Price will depend upon your region. Check Craigslist for similar carts.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2011, 11:29 PM   #3
stumper
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the info. Unfortunatly, we have little to no carts on craigs list in this area. It looks like I can pick this up for 600 bucks, I'll have another 100 in fuel going to get it.....How does that sound?
Old 07-27-2011, 06:03 AM   #4
sak00
What was I thinking?

Mixed Breed

Down here, that's about the going rate. Listen to scottyb as he knows his stuff. Good luck!!
sak00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 07:15 AM   #5
Marsharo
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Thats better price than my area, anything with running batts (even 4-5 yrs old) are going 900+. I bought my 89 Marathon a month ago for $850 with 1 yr old batteries.
Marsharo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 04:55 PM   #6
jwdixon
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I just bought an 84 last week. Two year old batteries. Pretty clean cart with a three inch lift kit. I think I jumped in a little fast. I probably could have found another one potentially cheaper, but I just didn't want to wait any longer as I had been looking for awhile.

The guy wanted a $1000 but I got it for $800.

Biggest problem was it came with one of the Lester chargers that sounds like the space shuttle taking off. Also a Powerwise charger that he wired incorrectly and blew the control board, fuse and diode bar. My advice would be to check the chargers before you buy, I didn't, Live and learn I guess.

On a better note I just ordered one of the on board chargers from Scottyb so I am looking forward to getting that.

But get ready cause what you pay to buy it is just the beginning, there are endless upgrades and doodads to put on it. Have fun!
jwdixon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 10:35 PM   #7
stumper
Not Yet Wild

Well, it ended up being an 87....

Pretty dang clean!!!

Old 07-28-2011, 06:00 AM   #8
sak00
What was I thinking?

Mixed Breed

Sa-weet!!
sak00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 10:28 AM   #9
rabbitreborn
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

and just in time too.... Scotty just developed a new bolt in kit for converting that to modern electronics to allow you to increase the speed and reliability of the cart.
rabbitreborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO