lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-26-2010, 07:21 PM   #1
mhebert4224
Not Yet Wild

Default 06 EZGO PDS problems

I purchased my new cart today that was refurbished from the frame up. 6" lift 23" tires and 98 minute Trojans. I took it home and made a round in the neighborhood and started to smell metal burning. I stopped for a bit and let it all cool. I made another round and went I got back it had smoke coming from the motor. I have a 90 day warranty so I intend on bringing it back in the am but was curious to see if this is common with 06 EZGO's. I think the motor says Spicer on it which Im sure is stock.
Mike
mhebert4224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-26-2010, 07:28 PM   #2
LostHusker
Just one day at a time

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 06 EZGO PDS problems

Definitely sounds like you lost the motor, take it back to your dealer and have them warranty it. If not ask for another cart, though my guess they will honor the warranty.
LostHusker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 07:44 PM   #3
mhebert4224
Not Yet Wild

Well I called the dealer and told him about the motor smokin, He offered to build a new PDS 07 from the ground up for even trade. I decided to upgrade the body to red and change the seats and top to black to match the machined and black wheels. Cant wait to get it back to cruise my hood.
mhebert4224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 07:59 PM   #4
mikesmotortoys
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Does the cart come with an upgraded controller? If not, then you'll be ordering one withing the near future...

Factory EZGO - Bad Boy Buggy - Dixie Chopper Mowers
mikesmotortoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO