lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-29-2013, 08:20 PM   #1
Pistermete
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Angry G2 rear end noise

Figures, the cart has never run better and now the rear end is whining, any ideas on what it is, I pulled the belt off and fired it up and the noise is gone.
No grinding, just sounds like a distant air raid siren, Not very loud, just loud enough to piss me off!
Also any know where I can download a service manual for it, 89 G2A, I kinda like to know what all the parts are instead of calling them that greasy spinny thing!
Thanks
Pete
Pistermete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 08:35 PM   #2
rwt101
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: G2 rear end noise

http://yamahagolfcar.com/partsandservice/default.aspx

Try this. It is in the stickys
Bob T
rwt101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 07:42 PM   #3
Pistermete
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Finally got a chance to pull the rear end apart expecting to find a warn input shaft bearing, instead I find three gears that look like they have eaten something they shouldn't have!
I cleaned out all the old oil and filings and found what looks like 5 little rollers from a roller bearing. All of them are under 1/4 inch in length and 1 is jammed into the teeth of 1 of the gears.
The bearings all seem to run smooth except for the 1, on the forward reverse shaft(counter shaft).
I am guessing the last owner dumped some old oil in that must have had those rollers in it, I guess what I want to know is should I replace all the bearings and the worn gears or can I get away with just the one bearing and the gears?
Pistermete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 08:14 PM   #4
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

I did a CC rear and had to put bearings in. They have to be perfect to work right as the lash in the gears is not much, you should feel zero play in a bearing and be completely smooth. The top shaft in the Cc was bad it ran out of oil, trashed the gears. Was able to put HS gears in that to replace and bearings on the higher shafts. It made noise and I put bearings on the next shaft then it was like new. Still had same bearings in the bottom but they still had a little oil. The bearings in that were standard sizes, you can often find them on ebay and other places cheap, even tractor supply might have some sizes, etc. That really sucks, hope you can get it fixed up. This CC they hit something and broke a bolt out of the diff enough to leak. It was empty and family bought it, but was a lot faster after I was done with it I hit 28gps with an old flathead CC lol.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha