lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-06-2014, 08:16 PM   #1
Vvlou
Not Yet Wild

Default Goes in reverse when switch is in forward. does nothing with swicth in reverse

I have a 2002 ezgo. I just replaced the brushes in the motor. It has been sitting for awhile before I fixed it. When I put the direction switch in forward the cart backs up. When I place the switch in reverse I hear the solenoid click but it does not move. The batteries are good and fully charged. I'm at a loss. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Vvlou is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-07-2014, 07:43 AM   #2
criley
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Goes in reverse when switch is in forward. does nothing with swicth in reverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vvlou View Post
I have a 2002 ezgo. I just replaced the brushes in the motor. It has been sitting for awhile before I fixed it. When I put the direction switch in forward the cart backs up. When I place the switch in reverse I hear the solenoid click but it does not move. The batteries are good and fully charged. I'm at a loss. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
I assume you had the motor out?

I'm not a golf cart expert by a long shot, but if it were me, I'd double check that all the wires are connected to the correct places.
criley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 08:19 AM   #3
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Goes in reverse when switch is in forward. does nothing with swicth in reverse

Could be two separate problems.

1. Runs in Reverse when direction selector in in Forward. Either the A1 & A2 cables or the S1 & S2 (or F1 & F2 cables if it is a Sepex motor) were reversed when they were reinstalled.

2. Runs in one direction, but not the other. What is causing this problem depends on which type drive system you have PDS or Series.

Figure out what you have from the attached chart, let us know and we'll proceed from there.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ezgoguide.jpg (78.0 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 07:00 AM   #4
Vvlou
Not Yet Wild

I have the PDS.
Old 03-08-2014, 09:48 AM   #5
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Ouch, the F/R switching is done by the controller. (Reverses direction of current flow through the Field windings)
You might have a bad controller.

Hopefully, you put the Run/Tow switch in Tow while disconnecting and reconnecting the motor cables.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 05:37 PM   #6
Vvlou
Not Yet Wild

Thanks guys. Is there a way to test the system with a multi meter?
Old 03-11-2014, 06:11 PM   #7
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

If it's going in the wrong direction in one selection and not moving in the other selection it's a common controller failure like Johnnie said. Time for an upgrade.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO