lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-04-2021, 10:56 PM   #11
golf cart man
Gone Unrestrained

Mixed Breed

Default Re: Update: Stolen Golf cart found

Was the original body repainted that navy blue or was it an original OEM body? The reason I ask is I believe club car used color through bodies so maybe you could strip off the bad spray paint with a spray paint stripper and get back to the original color? No experience with this just a thought...>Glad you got your cart back. I never understand why or how people think they are entitled to someone else's stuff. It blows my mind.
golf cart man is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-05-2021, 12:25 AM   #12
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Glad you got it back. Dang they did a number on your paint. Really sucks.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2021, 12:52 AM   #13
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by golf cart man View Post
Was the original body repainted that navy blue or was it an original OEM body? The reason I ask is I believe club car used color through bodies so maybe you could strip off the bad spray paint with a spray paint stripper and get back to the original color? No experience with this just a thought...>Glad you got your cart back. I never understand why or how people think they are entitled to someone else's stuff. It blows my mind.
Sometimes it can take off the top gel coat that’s applied to the body. Sometimes it’s okay. That may be because most of the carts I’ve stripped with that method (aerosol stripper and pressure washer) have been abused and had several layers of spray paint on them... so I never knew what the original body looked like underneath. But when it does I just sand it smooth and paint. Comes out just fine. His looks pretty nice and likely waxed so it would probably come off with minimal effort
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2021, 08:22 AM   #14
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Glad you got it back..and hope they strung up the person that took it. My buddies was stolen a while back and through shear luck we found the thief. Guy got busted in another county and someone noticed the name. Guy’s aunt lived a couple hundred yards from my buddy. He called the sheriffs office and asked if they had found a cart in all the stuff he had stolen and the answer was yes !! Went to go get it and someone was in the process of stealing it from the guy who stole it.. Had to pay to get it back but still got it. Guy had over $250k worth of stolen goods and they put him in jail for a little while then released him because of COVID. Have to love our legal system.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2021, 10:02 AM   #15
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

That's great that you got it back and I hope the repair process goes smooth for you.

I'm glad I have a cart that is unlikely to be stolen!
Tom47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2021, 11:14 AM   #16
CatCam
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

This makes me sick. I abhor a thief.
It looks like you put a lot of time and love into that cart only to have a (insert very bad word here) steal it and undo your work.
I spent a day in our local jail for beating the living **** out of a 19-year old who stole my 4 wheeler about 20 years ago. Charges were dropped on me and I got my very damaged 4 wheeler back. I broke my right index finger punching his jaw.
CatCam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2021, 10:15 AM   #17
mgray70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorson View Post
Update to my stolen 96' 48 club car DS - fortunately it was recovered, however the ***hole that stole it haphazardly spray painted the body and lift kit silver and glitterized it . I think the best recourse is to purchase a new body/cowl from DoubleTake. I'm more pissed about the guy spraying my brand new allsports supersport lift kit since those things are powder coated and now i have cheap spray paint everywhere, as well as overspray. Can anyone suggest the best method to either respray the lift kit? I need to replace the lights with the new body anyways - but can I reuse the existing wire harness with the basic spartan lights, blinkers and all? My cart was already street legal but I don't know if the basic spartans will support front and rear blinkers as well as brakes lights? Is the only difference between basic and deluxe the wire harness? Or do I need to purchase the deluxe? Anyone have the wiring diagram for them?

Check out the jerk's paint job in all its glory.

Before:

After:

The only difference between the Spartan standard and deluxe light kit is the harness and switches and stuff. The lights itself already have the signal lights in then. The plugs probably won't match, but you can direct wire them.
mgray70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2021, 01:19 PM   #18
ACCLR8N
Getting Wild

Club Car

Glad you got your cart back. I assume they were just disguising it as opposed to aesthetic enhancement. It looked good before.

In deference to all the other suggestions, on the suspension, I would just scuff it up with a scotch bright pad and hose it back down with gloss black Rustoleum. This will leave the protective base of the powder coat intact. For more effort, if you pick up some aluminum mag wheel polish it will cut the poorly prepped spray paint off and leave a nice shine on the powder coating.

I did a Spartan body on my cart. Big visual improvement for not a lot of effort.
ACCLR8N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2021, 07:17 AM   #19
Z7What
Gone Wild

Club Car

Try taking a aerosol tire shine spray to remove the spray paint. A buddy spray allowed people to spray paint his truck for charity and it was easily removed with cheap aerosol can of tire shine spray.

Edit: The after picture finally showed up, after seeing it i would think it would just be easier to replace the body. You could use the tire shine to remove any over spray.

How far from your house was it found? Who found it?

Wayne
Z7What is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2021, 06:11 PM   #20
gatorson
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACCLR8N View Post
Glad you got your cart back. I assume they were just disguising it as opposed to aesthetic enhancement. It looked good before.

In deference to all the other suggestions, on the suspension, I would just scuff it up with a scotch bright pad and hose it back down with gloss black Rustoleum. This will leave the protective base of the powder coat intact. For more effort, if you pick up some aluminum mag wheel polish it will cut the poorly prepped spray paint off and leave a nice shine on the powder coating.

I did a Spartan body on my cart. Big visual improvement for not a lot of effort.
I ended up changing to the Spartan body set as well. The overspray paint was very difficult removing without destroying the body along with it. I think the new body set makes the cart look much newer than a 96' as well.

gatorson is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car