lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-18-2021, 10:49 AM   #11
DonH57
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Control of Fuel Pump

I test ran the cart and verified the fuel pump is on while the cart is running. The cart overall ran fine for about two minutes and started sputtering and hesitating on acceleration. I've given up and decided to let a golf cart mechanic work on it as hard as it is to accept failure. I would pull the fuel pump and check the filter but afraid of breaking any gaskets.
DonH57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-18-2021, 11:00 AM   #12
rstacy
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonH57 View Post
I would pull the fuel pump and check the filter but afraid of breaking any gaskets.
There is minimal risk in doing this. The gasket between the pump and tank is thick and well made. I have never broken one. The filter sock is on the end of the pump and does not require any additional disassembly.

I don't think that is going to be your problem. I had a car doing something similar and it ended being the Intake Pressure Sensor.
rstacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2021, 10:50 AM   #13
DonH57
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstacy View Post
There is minimal risk in doing this. The gasket between the pump and tank is thick and well made. I have never broken one. The filter sock is on the end of the pump and does not require any additional disassembly.

I don't think that is going to be your problem. I had a car doing something similar and it ended being the Intake Pressure Sensor.
I'll check it out and see if I can find any trouble shooting guidance on the Throttle sensor before calling in someone. I know the tube that goes into the throttle body is clear. I cleaned it all up about a month ago.
Old 02-28-2021, 10:22 AM   #14
DonH57
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Well. I had the cart checked out by a professional and it was found the fuel injector was faulty. Replacement Throttle body and injector and everything is now good as new. Since our other cart is the same year but less mileage I do at least know I can get one at Plowman's when that one fails.
Old 02-28-2021, 11:01 AM   #15
Golf cart guy
Gone Wild

Quote:
Well. I had the cart checked out by a professional and it was found the fuel injector was faulty. Replacement Throttle body and injector and everything is now good as new. Since our other cart is the same year but less mileage I do at least know I can get one at Plowman's when that one fails.

Havent had one of those fail yet. Strange on the symptoms for sure. As someone else stated, sure sounded like pressure switch. Changing the throttle body and the injector? Sounds like an "over repair" But thats just me thinking out loud.
Golf cart guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 09:56 AM   #16
DonH57
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf cart guy View Post
Havent had one of those fail yet. Strange on the symptoms for sure. As someone else stated, sure sounded like pressure switch. Changing the throttle body and the injector? Sounds like an "over repair" But thats just me thinking out loud.
Is the pressure switch you are refering to on the throttle body? or is it another switch located somewhere. I'm glad it wasn't the control module that failed. I heard very expensive and hard to get.
Old 03-01-2021, 11:39 AM   #17
camaroluvz28
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Just diagnosed a bad Control Module this morning actually...Was preventing cart from getting spark and yes they are around $450 so happy to hear that wasn't your issue...
camaroluvz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 07:37 PM   #18
lsvforme
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf cart guy View Post
I'm a Newb. Golf Cart Guy can you PM me?
lsvforme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2021, 08:03 AM   #19
Golf cart guy
Gone Wild

Quote:
Is the pressure switch you are refering to on the throttle body? or is it another switch located somewhere. I'm glad it wasn't the control module that failed. I heard very expensive and hard to get.

Pressure switch is on top of the throttle it is a individual part. I see you are in the villages, the home of mis-diagnosed and over repairs.

Its fixed and thats the good thing
Golf cart guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha