lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-11-2021, 08:03 AM   #1
DonH57
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Default Control of Fuel Pump

We have an issue with one of our two 2013 Yamaha gas EFI golf carts with erratic acceleration or none at all. What powers and controls the electric fuel pump inside the gas tank? Normally when the main switch is powered on I can hear the fuel pump activate for a few seconds. Now I don't at all and I know there is not 12 volts going to it. I cannot locate the ECM I was told to look for or any pressure switch in the fuel line. I can only find a turn signal module. I've tried following wiring diagrams but when you expand them the writing symbols become unreadable. It's embarrassing when a machine beats me. Any ideas?
DonH57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-11-2021, 08:12 AM   #2
rstacy
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Control of Fuel Pump

Does the fuel pump run when you tap the acceleration pedal?
rstacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2021, 10:01 AM   #3
DonH57
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstacy View Post
Does the fuel pump run when you tap the acceleration pedal?
If it does I can't hear it. I guess the only way to determine that would be to tap the wires to a multimeter when I try and drive it to see if it's getting voltage. Normally as soon as I turn the main switch on I could hear it run for a few seconds just as our other cart does. Now it does not and I know it's not getting voltage to it. I know the switch makes the other connections. I need to spend time today working on it.
Old 02-11-2021, 11:02 AM   #4
camaroluvz28
Gone Wild

Yamaha

The ECM is located under the passenger side rear between body and fender well on your cart I believe...
camaroluvz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2021, 11:11 AM   #5
DonH57
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaroluvz28 View Post
The ECM is located under the passenger side rear between body and fender well on your cart I believe...
Thanks. I'll see if I can find it when I work on it today.
Old 02-11-2021, 01:33 PM   #6
rstacy
Gone Wild
Yamaha

If you just tap the pedal for a second (don't let the engine start) the fuel pump will cycle. You will be able to hear it.
rstacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2021, 02:22 PM   #7
crash12888
Gone Crazy

Fuse(s)?
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2021, 06:13 PM   #8
DonH57
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaroluvz28 View Post
Yes. I found what I believe is it and it appears there is another relay of some sort mounted next to it. Apparently I will have to put the rear end on jack stands, remove the right rear tire and fender well and examine the wiring and module.
Old 02-11-2021, 06:19 PM   #9
DonH57
Getting Wild
Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash12888 View Post
Fuse(s)?
I checked and verified all fuses I could find are good. I did have a brief moment of hearing what I think was the fuel pump cycle but I couldn't check and verify it with a meter.
Old 02-14-2021, 09:16 AM   #10
DonH57
Getting Wild
Yamaha

So yesterday I pulled the right rear wheel and fender well. I removed and examined the ECM and what I could tell is the start/stop relay, both being sealed solid state devices. No burnt odor or burnt or damaged wiring. I never found any literature on actually testing or trouble shooting the module for individual pins values. I located a vacuum cannister that had worked it's way loose. Checked for obstructions and remounted back onto frame. I wired in a 12 volt light to see when and if the fuel pump gets powered when I finish putting everything back together and test run the cart.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha