lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-14-2020, 07:58 PM   #1
sutliff01
Not Yet Wild

Default 89 G1 forward reverse solenoid

So I’m about to buy two new solenoids for my 89 g1 but what I’m not sure of is if there are a specific one for forward and reverse or do I just buy two of the same solenoid and the difference is how they are wired? Thanks for the help?
sutliff01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-15-2020, 08:13 AM   #2
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Default Re: 89 G1 forward reverse solenoid

Yes the solenoids are the same, although sometimes over the years people mix and match the brands/styles and they might look different. From the factory the two are identical and just wired separately to the starter/gen.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2021, 01:03 AM   #3
sutliff01
Not Yet Wild

Would both of the solenoids being bad cause the reverse buzzer and the headlights not to work? I am asking because both stopped working right when i think my solenoids went out? I'm sure that would be the buzzer problem but I wired up the headlights pretty sketchily so those could be on me
Old 03-06-2021, 09:39 AM   #4
mikeasis
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Inspect and clean or replace the high voltage cables from battery to solenoids and to starter generator these area major source of voltage drop

Make sure any added grounds go to the battery ground and not the frame. Clean up sketchy wiring. The G1 wiring was designed with minimal things in mind so don’t tap into anything make completely new circuits
mikeasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2021, 08:03 AM   #5
AGELE55
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Unlikely that two solenoids failed simultaneously. Check the 10amp fuse. It supplies power to each solenoid through the light blue (REV) or yellow wire (FWD) by way of the battery>fuse>pedal switch>relay>ignition switch>solenoid.

The trick is, the reverse buzzer is a straight shot through the ignition switch. Battery>fuse>ignition switch >buzzer.
AGELE55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2021, 06:38 PM   #6
sutliff01
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGELE55 View Post
Unlikely that two solenoids failed simultaneously. Check the 10amp fuse. It supplies power to each solenoid through the light blue (REV) or yellow wire (FWD) by way of the battery>fuse>pedal switch>relay>ignition switch>solenoid.

The trick is, the reverse buzzer is a straight shot through the ignition switch. Battery>fuse>ignition switch >buzzer.
I don’t know if I’m looking in the wrong place for it but I don’t see any fuse
Old 03-23-2021, 07:41 AM   #7
AGELE55
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by sutliff01 View Post
I don’t know if I’m looking in the wrong place for it but I don’t see any fuse
Follow the small red wire from the positive side of the battery. My fuse holder is in- line and sits on the RH rear fender well.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg C1E949DA-3A6C-49A7-8D41-67178072F029.jpeg (88.4 KB, 0 views)
AGELE55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2021, 06:53 PM   #8
sutliff01
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGELE55 View Post
Follow the small red wire from the positive side of the battery. My fuse holder is in- line and sits on the RH rear fender well.
Well apparently whoever owned mine before must have removed them because I cannot find them anywhere
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha