lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Harley Davidson

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-25-2019, 07:32 PM   #1
Neal Nagle
Not Yet Wild

Default 72 Harley Davidson electric golf cart electric diagrams

Looking For electrical schematic for my 1972 Harley Davison electric three wheeler golf cart. I hope I posted this where it should be
Neal Nagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-20-2019, 03:55 PM   #2
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Default Re: 72 Harley Davidson electric golf cart electric diagrams

Hi Neal, to BGW. The electrical diagrams are in a sticky at the top of this section of the forum. Below are the diagrams for your cart.

jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 09:31 PM   #3
nickdalzell1
Resident Curmudgeon

We had one of these in our shop long ago. I thought the speed 4 delay vacuum tube was a neat idea. by the time it reaches speed 3 if you floor it, it's ready for speed 4. quite ingenious at the time. Unfortunately our tube must have been gassy as we only had the first 3 speeds and while it was in the shop on a jack (ours was a three wheeler so it leaned to one side and we were unaware of it having some form of positive traction!) once the gassy tube finally closed, the thing took off full hilt and rammed our shop wall/workbench which now has a permanent dent!
nickdalzell1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 11:28 AM   #4
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickdalzell1 View Post
We had one of these in our shop long ago. I thought the speed 4 delay vacuum tube was a neat idea. by the time it reaches speed 3 if you floor it, it's ready for speed 4. quite ingenious at the time. Unfortunately our tube must have been gassy as we only had the first 3 speeds and while it was in the shop on a jack (ours was a three wheeler so it leaned to one side and we were unaware of it having some form of positive traction!) once the gassy tube finally closed, the thing took off full hilt and rammed our shop wall/workbench which now has a permanent dent!
Wow, sounds like that was quite a scene!

And yeah I agree, the delay tube was a pretty neat idea for its time.
Old 10-22-2019, 07:02 PM   #5
nickdalzell1
Resident Curmudgeon

It about gave me a heart attack! When it went full hilt it happened to shake just enough for one wheel to contact the ground and ran off the jack.

We didn't know what the vacuum tube even did until after the fact.

The only issue I had with the system they used was that the first and third speeds only used half the battery pack, so if you never went full throttle, you ended up with battery balance issues with charge.
Old 10-22-2019, 07:09 PM   #6
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Quote:
The only issue I had with the system they used was that the first and third speeds only used half the battery pack, so if you never went full throttle, you ended up with battery balance issues with charge.
Yep, that’s right, one of the big reasons why I gutted my system and converted over to solid state.
Old 10-22-2019, 10:05 PM   #7
nickdalzell1
Resident Curmudgeon

I've only dealt with two electric versions in my 10-year history working on golf cars; most of them are the 2-stroke variety. I'm really no fan of those due to parts being scarce and that includes the unique carburetor some of them used. You can't get the clutches, or the cranks, or even the disc brake anymore. You have to drill the shifter boards because they don't ship pre-drilled.

I used to only know the Harley/AMF cars by the nickname 'that car that drove itself in Ernest Goes To Camp' which kinda ironically became an unlikely hero in that movie against Krader Construction.
Old 10-22-2019, 10:19 PM   #8
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Quote:
I've only dealt with two electric versions in my 10-year history working on golf cars; most of them are the 2-stroke variety. I'm really no fan of those due to parts being scarce and that includes the unique carburetor some of them used. You can't get the clutches, or the cranks, or even the disc brake anymore. You have to drill the shifter boards because they don't ship pre-drilled.

I used to only know the Harley/AMF cars by the nickname 'that car that drove itself in Ernest Goes To Camp' which kinda ironically became an unlikely hero in that movie against Krader Construction.
Yeah the sparky versions are much less common.

I had forgotten that there was one in that movie! I’ll have to go back and watch it again now.
Old 10-22-2019, 11:03 PM   #9
nickdalzell1
Resident Curmudgeon

Yeah the first bit of that movie he's getting stuff from one of those cars (has the tiller bar handle and three wheels too) and soon as he does, he I think attempts to stomp it trying to make it go, gives up, then it just starts and takes off by itself. Becomes a running gag throughout the movie in transition scenes, and ultimately blows itself up when it rams one of the construction machines with a bomb strapped to it (it stalls and they load it up with a homemade bomb which takes out the bulldozer)
Old 10-23-2019, 11:40 AM   #10
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Quote:
Yeah the first bit of that movie he's getting stuff from one of those cars (has the tiller bar handle and three wheels too) and soon as he does, he I think attempts to stomp it trying to make it go, gives up, then it just starts and takes off by itself. Becomes a running gag throughout the movie in transition scenes, and ultimately blows itself up when it rams one of the construction machines with a bomb strapped to it (it stalls and they load it up with a homemade bomb which takes out the bulldozer)
Oh man, I'm definitely going to have to watch it now!
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Harley Davidson