lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts
Lifted Golf Carts Off-Road Golf Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-26-2021, 12:03 PM   #1
Jake_Daddy
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default How noisy are MadJax Timberwolf Tires?

Is anyone here riding on MadJax Timberwolf tires or has before? I searched some old posts but no one commented on how noisy they are. Right now I have a set of Kenda Terra Trac's on my cart that I want to replace. Not that the Kenda's are bad but 99% of my diving is on pavement where they vibrate a lot at low speeds and noisy as all get out at anything above 20mph, and one of my favorite camp spots wont allow them.

I specifically asked about the Timberwolf's as someone is selling a set locally. The link below shows the tires in question.

https://www.golfcarttiresupply.com/m...ires-set-of-4/

Thanks for any input!
Jake_Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-26-2021, 12:24 PM   #2
Jake_Daddy
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: How noisy are MadJax Timberwolf Tires?

Neverminded, the seller contacted me back pretty quickly and it seems that was a reason he was getting new tires was that they are louder than he liked so I am going to pass on them.

I would like a 22-23" DOT street tire. Looks like the choices are slim and I will likely go with some Wanda Slasher tires.
Old 01-26-2021, 02:53 PM   #3
15willys
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

I’m running these 22x11x12 Duro Scorchers for the same reason. Super quiet and smooth.

AF72EFD6-E863-4215-81AD-4EB96EEA07F2.jpeg 72648109-E456-4C11-A847-631026AF6A4C.jpeg
15willys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2021, 11:56 PM   #4
Welsh619
Not Yet Wild

I know you’re past it but for anyone else with the same question it is my experience over the past couple days that they are more noticeable than factory rubber but definitely just a low hum that I couldn’t imagine anyone being annoyed with. Now over time, not sure how much with golf cart tires, they could become cupped and much louder just like all/mud terrains that people refuse to rotate regularly but as new they are definitely just fine. They also have a sweet 1/8-1/16” gap down the middle that make alignment really easy
Welsh619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2021, 06:26 AM   #5
sleeplesstwo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I agree. My neighbor has them now (he liked the way they looked) but I didn't think they were loud at all. I really liked them and would buy them again.
sleeplesstwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2021, 09:43 PM   #6
Jake_Daddy
Gone Wild

Club Car

It’s good info, I still haven’t pulled the trigger yet. Looking at tires vs tire and wheel combo it seems like the combo is about $250-300 extra (depending on wheel) and I could cover $150 or so of that selling my takeoffs. I have a bunch of emails with GCTS asking about getting different wheels on different rims.

Welsh, how fast are you riding at a low hum?
Old 02-11-2021, 02:54 AM   #7
Welsh619
Not Yet Wild

With my Navitas still in its box I’m currently limited to 19+ (it was 19 with stock tires supposedly and now I’m rolling the 22’s so???)
Welsh619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 12:11 PM   #8
Biffstupid
Not Yet Wild

I have these on my cart and have no complaints about noise at 19mph. I bought them because they’re more like a truck tire than knobby off road ATV tire. I use my cart at campgrounds and around my neighborhood so I’m on and off road. I will definitely buy again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Biffstupid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2021, 05:39 AM   #9
wcooper12
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

I’ve had mine for a couple years and they’ve been great on pavement and mild off-road conditions. Road noise only gets noticeable when going 30 mph but that’s expected. I will admit I did get stuck one time but that’s another story

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
wcooper12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts