lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-18-2008, 10:36 AM   #1
Moparjunkee
Not Yet Wild

Default Drive Clutch?

Hey guys, now that I have my introductory thread out of the way, its time to start being a pest. I apologize for the long post. I have a G16 and I am going to start on my drive clutch first. I thought that I would pull the clutch off and see if it needed to be cleaned. Once I got in there, I seen that I need new rollers the "spider" is broke where the roller dowel hole is. The weights have minor flat spots on them(I'm assuming this is from the flat spots on the rollers). Once I spun the spider off, I noticed that I have a little bit of slop where the sliding sheeve slids on the fixed shaft. I know there are bushings in here that could be worn out but was curious how much play you should have there.

So I started putting a price list together for all of this and by the time I had bought the following I am like 250.00.
Spider-1
Rollers-3
Weights-3
Bushings-2
Sliders-6
Belt-1
All of the small washers and hardware

I would pretty much have an entire rebuilt clutch except for the sheeves, but wouldn't it probably be better to just buy a new complete assembly? I can't do all my repairs at once and going to have to just throw a little at it here and there. What are my options on a new clutch and where is the best pricing? Also, can you buy like a reman that someone has machined the sheeves and rebuilt the clutch?

Thanks so much for taking the time to read this novel I have written today and responding.
Moparjunkee is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-18-2008, 10:42 AM   #2
spriddle
Admin

Yamaha

Default Re: Drive Clutch?

I would definitely buy a new clutch and not rebuild that one. Get in touch with one of our sponsor's here.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/annou...-sponsors.html

spriddle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 03:47 PM   #3
PV5
Gone Wild

Tom at CPP will set you up.

I have a Comet 780 and it works great.

Just my opinion

Bryan
PV5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 08:46 PM   #4
Yamaha4life
The Overposter!

Yamaha

I would reccomend getting a comet clutch as well they are very high quality and smoooooth!!!
Yamaha4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha