lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Garage and Workshop
Garage and Workshop Tips & Ideas for the garage or workshop.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-07-2017, 02:25 PM   #1
dundeebarnbuggy
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Atlas 618

Had to rescue this poor little thing from the hands of someone who should NEVER be allowed to touch precision tools. She is an Atlas 618. Anyone here have one? I know it is small but should work nicely for bushings, pins, sleeves and short shafts. Restoration is well underway as I have a job waiting for it!

002.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg
dundeebarnbuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-08-2017, 12:20 AM   #2
MILLERTIME
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Atlas 618

Nice find, I have a 3 in 1.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg lathe stand.jpg (74.8 KB, 0 views)
MILLERTIME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 04:40 PM   #3
dundeebarnbuggy
Gone Wild

Club Car

Very Nice! What is the spindle bore? [That is a limiting factor on mine.] A bigger lathe [which I already have a line on one] and mill are already on my bucket list.
Old 07-08-2017, 11:50 PM   #4
MILLERTIME
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

3/4", if I need a bigger one my nephew has a machine shop.
Old 07-14-2017, 09:57 AM   #5
dundeebarnbuggy
Gone Wild

Club Car

First chips. Still a little tweaking to do on it but it runs well enough for the job I am doing on it right now.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 005.jpg (385.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 006.jpg (304.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 008.jpg (365.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 007.jpg (347.8 KB, 0 views)
Old 07-14-2017, 11:32 PM   #6
MILLERTIME
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Looks great.
Old 07-15-2017, 10:32 PM   #7
dundeebarnbuggy
Gone Wild

Club Car

Gave my little girl a better "grip" on things. Quick change tool holders sure work sweet!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 001.jpg (384.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 002.jpg (341.4 KB, 0 views)
Old 07-18-2017, 11:42 AM   #8
TheNewGuy
Admin/Moderator

Yamaha

Very nice. Had one similar years ago, wish I would have kept it.

Nice 3 in 1 MILLERTIME

TheNewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 01:39 PM   #9
smokindawg
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Nice little lathe......... Very nice work on the refurb job as well. You can do a lot of nice smaller jobs with one that size. I had a Craftsman branded lathe at one time, it's the same lathe as that one.

It only got me more interested and made me spend more money on a bigger lathe.

The QCTP is a nice add on and much better and easier to use than the rocker style tool holder. (In my opinion)

I looked at the multi-tool machines and they are good and work well, but set up is a bit more work depending on which job you want too do.

I now have a Jet 9x20 lathe with stand that I love and a small bench top mill. I just received my new DRO for the mill and need to get that installed. The mill is so much more useful with a decent DRO.

I got into machining to the point that I went ahead and sectioned off a piece of my garage for my machining equipment. I have a lot of tools in there and it's insulated with an air conditioner. I also have a nice big fridge out there for my drinks.
smokindawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 03:00 PM   #10
dundeebarnbuggy
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokindawg View Post
Nice little lathe......... Very nice work on the refurb job as well. You can do a lot of nice smaller jobs with one that size. I had a Craftsman branded lathe at one time, it's the same lathe as that one.

It only got me more interested and made me spend more money on a bigger lathe.

The QCTP is a nice add on and much better and easier to use than the rocker style tool holder. (In my opinion)

I looked at the multi-tool machines and they are good and work well, but set up is a bit more work depending on which job you want too do.

I now have a Jet 9x20 lathe with stand that I love and a small bench top mill. I just received my new DRO for the mill and need to get that installed. The mill is so much more useful with a decent DRO.

I got into machining to the point that I went ahead and sectioned off a piece of my garage for my machining equipment. I have a lot of tools in there and it's insulated with an air conditioner. I also have a nice big fridge out there for my drinks.
Thanks. Yes, I can see where this is going. But I already had plans to get a bigger lathe. Got 2 offered to me already, 1, no details yet but the other is a decent size, not sure the swing but can turn 8' on centers. This little girl does small jobs quite well so I'm gonna keep her. A mill could find it's way home someday too though.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Garage and Workshop