lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Closed Thread

Old 08-09-2009, 07:21 PM   #21
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Default re: RXV Auto Brake Problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by cartboy View Post

As to the other reply, that's too bad, since a recent post said this is the most active golf cart forum. If there is another, I'd be glad to go there, or to have those there directed here, as we try to solve this problem.
The carts in question are all still out on their initial lease from the factory. The few that are in private hands haven't found us yet. In a few years the RXV carts will start showing up in the secondary retail market, and then we will all have something to talk about. In the meantime, you are the man of the hour. Please keep us updated as the condition plays out.
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-10-2009, 11:43 AM   #22
COURTESYCART
Gone Wild

I have been doing this for little over a year and have only sold 1 RXV and the dealer has only sold 2 total. The reason I can not sell these is because they are just 2 **** high for what you get. Nobody using it in their neighborhood really cares about 48V A/c. they just want a cart. I will put them in a Yamaha before I put them in a RXV. I can sell them 2 yami's to 1 RXV. Not meaning to burst your bubble either.

I have not seen or heard of this issue until you brought it up.
Old 08-10-2009, 07:35 PM   #23
cartboy
Gone Wild

I'm not the cart buyer/leaser, I'm the cart keeper going guy, so I have no bubble to burst.

We got through three major events in three days without a breakdown.
Old 08-11-2009, 04:11 AM   #24
gaston
Gone Wild

I was just waiting for this to start to happen, for my personal opinion, the magnetic brake is not a good idea. I had serviced some electric wheel chairs and gues what was always the problem with?
Old 08-11-2009, 08:15 AM   #25
TDOG
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by COURTESYCART View Post
I have been doing this for little over a year and have only sold 1 RXV and the dealer has only sold 2 total. The reason I can not sell these is because they are just 2 **** high for what you get. Nobody using it in their neighborhood really cares about 48V A/c. they just want a cart. I will put them in a Yamaha before I put them in a RXV. I can sell them 2 yami's to 1 RXV. Not meaning to burst your bubble either.

I have not seen or heard of this issue until you brought it up.
The new RXV Freedoms are a little pricey. However, I am just waiting to get my hands on one of the Fleet ones when they start coming back off lease. These buggies are going to make awesome hunting and off road vehicles. I love the way they pull the steepest hill with no loss of speed. There are plenty of people out their who want what 48 volts and AC drive has to offer. Just check out all the threads on this forum about 48 volt upgrades! The biggest problem I see is the scarcity of after market accessories.
Old 08-14-2009, 08:12 PM   #26
cartboy
Gone Wild

We've had major events every day the last week and some days mutltiple event, and today was the first brake lockup. That was early on and the event was still on the course when I left.

EZGo was here to replace the solenoids on all the carts but all but the broken down ones were in use, so they couldn't.

They replaced the barke assembly on one and it failed halfway to staging.

We have another big shotgun tomorrow, using some rented carts to supplement, so we'll see how things go.
Old 08-17-2009, 07:12 AM   #27
COURTESYCART
Gone Wild

My EZGO rep is supposed to be here sometime this week, I will mention it to him and see what kind of response i get. I have a feeling He will know nothing about it.
Old 08-17-2009, 09:00 AM   #28
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Quote:
I have a feeling He will know nothing about it.
See no evil, hear no evil,.........
Old 08-17-2009, 09:07 AM   #29
cartboy
Gone Wild

Quote:
My EZGO rep is supposed to be here sometime this week, I will mention it to him and see what kind of response i get. I have a feeling He will know nothing about it.
It is not our local/regular dealer replacing the solenoids on warranty. When we asked the one who is, on his first visit, if others are having the problem, he said, "I could lie and say No, but Yes."

We had a big day recently, 105 in a shotgun followed by a full slate of afternoon tee times, and we used 30 old rented gas Club Cars in the shotgun to help make sure we could make it through.

I believe we only had one brake lockup that day, and the Player Assistant on the course gave them his cart to keep them going.

Yesterday morning we had one more lockup in the cart barn as we were staging. We got it unlocked somehow and put the Player Assistant in it. As of when I left mid afternoon it was still OK.
Old 08-17-2009, 09:29 AM   #30
mikesmotortoys
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

RXV's have been in numerous golf course fleets at Dallas area courses for over a year now and this issue has not happened here. Very interesting information to note - however

As for the opinions of being pricey? $6,500.00 to $7,000.00 for a fully dressed Freedom model is in line with all new equally equipped vehicles in the marketplace...

Factory EZGO - Bad Boy Buggy - Dixie Chopper Mowers
Closed Thread
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO