lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-25-2021, 04:19 PM   #1
Tfastle@aol.com
Not Yet Wild

Default MPT/TXT - How high off the ground should top be?

Yes, it's a strange question.

I have 2007 MPT 1200 without a top. From my reading it sounds like the MPT top is the same as the TXT top with the exception of the rear struts. I found a used TXT (60") top and struts and purchased them figuring I would need to do some fab work on the rear struts. The front ones bolt on just fine but when I hold it level the top looks low to me - 61 1/2" from the ground to the outside bottom edge (right above the seat) and 63 1/2 to the top edge.

Anyone have an MPT or TXT with stock tire size and not lifted that could let me know what their top height is. I figure that while I am cutting, grinding, welding and painting I might as well get it the right height.

Also, the front struts seem to angle back a bit more than the pictures I see of TXTs or MPTs in which the front struts appear to go almost straight up and down. These probably angle back about 20 degrees.

Thanks!
Tfastle@aol.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-25-2021, 11:38 PM   #2
trig123
Vintage tech
E-Z-GO

Default Re: MPT/TXT - How high off the ground should top be?

I got a MPT 1200 non lifted but its a 2000 model . The front struts and top are the same as the TXT's but those rear struts go down and around.

I also own a 2006 MPT 1200 and these rear struts are different than the 2000.

The 2000 is completely different . The bottom of seat and back all raise at the same time.

The 2006 bottom seat is same as TXT but the rear seat back bolts down and rear struts bolt to it like one I showed. I think anyway. I will have to check for sure tomorrow. Its late . Which one is yours ?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2007 mpt 1200 rear struts.jpg (53.3 KB, 0 views)
trig123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2021, 12:39 PM   #3
Tfastle@aol.com
Not Yet Wild

Hi Trig, mine is a 2007 MPT 1200. My understanding is that the struts I got are for a TXT.
The front struts bolted right on but, as I mentioned, they angle back more than what the ones in pictures look like (for instance, in the picture of your TXT they look to be fairly straight up and down but I don't think that is a huge deal and it may be correct).

My seat back supports look like the one in the drawing you posted. I had hoped they would bolt right but didn't think they would based on what I had read. They do bolt right on but they are about 3" shorter than the front (when top is held level) and they are about 3" forward of the rear groove of the top. The bigger thing is, the top just looks low even when held level and bolted to the front struts (61 1/2" from the ground to the outside bottom edge (right above the seat) and 63 1/2 to the top edge) . Maybe it just seems that way to me because the top on the old Yamaha G-1 I have is about 3" higher than that.

I'm fine fabing (figured I would have to when I got them) them but would like to have a target height so it looks normal.

Thanks!
Old 09-26-2021, 01:03 PM   #4
StoveBolt
Gone Wild

TXT front struts do lean back about 4" at the top, as far as height 39.5" from the top of the strut down to the middle of the bend... Back struts 27.5" from the top of the strut straight down to the first mounting bolt.
StoveBolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2021, 07:13 PM   #5
Tfastle@aol.com
Not Yet Wild

Thanks Stove. Your top looks higher than this one would be with the struts I have. I'm assuming you mean measuring long the strut (not the the vertical drop to that point). With these, if I measure along the strut, from the top of it to the middle of the bend it's 36".

To eliminate tire size and lifting, can you (or someone with a stock top) measure from the middle of your seat straight up to the bottom of your top? I think that would more easily give me pretty close idea of what it should be and I'll just fab these to that height.
Old 09-28-2021, 07:32 PM   #6
StoveBolt
Gone Wild

Yes along the strut to middle of bend 39.5", from the center of the seat up to the bottom of the top 39".
Old 10-01-2021, 04:14 PM   #7
Tfastle@aol.com
Not Yet Wild

That helpful and sounds about right. My Yamaha G-1 is 39.5. I'll fab them to that height. Thanks very much!
Old 10-01-2021, 05:26 PM   #8
StoveBolt
Gone Wild

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO