lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-24-2021, 03:19 PM   #1
manaus24
Not Yet Wild

Default 2003 G22E Motor Cap Re-Attachment

I have a 2003 G22E. I am an idiot and removed the two screws near the speed sensor that I now know secure the bearing retainer. In order to fix that issue I need to remove the motor end cap. I removed the four long bolts that secure the end cap but had to pull quite a bit to separate the cap from the motor. I pulled so much that the motor cylinder came out too.

My issue now is lining everything up to get the four bolts secured again. The bolt passed through a small eye hole in the motor and then into a threaded cavity at the far side. Any tips on how do get this all lined up correctly? A video would also be awesome if anybody know of one.

I am a newbie but would really like to do this.
manaus24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-24-2021, 03:34 PM   #2
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: 2003 G22E Motor Cap Re-Attachment

You need to install the armature in the end cap with brushes before you slide on the outer case. (at least that is how my motor is built (G29 though). I hope you have the motor removed from the cart.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2021, 04:22 PM   #3
manaus24
Not Yet Wild

Any good videos on how to install the armature with brushes? I am searching now.
Old 09-24-2021, 04:41 PM   #4
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

I never saw any but I was able to do it quite easily. Not sure how different your G22E motors are though. Most motors are very similar in construction though.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2021, 10:26 AM   #5
rstacy
Gone Wild
Yamaha

For the bearing plate - Use a small pick to rotate the plate in to position. You can easily see when the holes are lined up. Now get a longer screw of the same thread size. Screw the longer screw in by a few threads and use it to pull the plate up. Hold the plate in position and install one of the factory screws in the other hole. Remove the longer screw and install the remaining factory screw.

For the armature - Push the motor brushes far enough in to the brush holders to actually disengage the springs.
Insert the armature in to the end cap and push the brushes back in to position. Make sure that brush springs are now engaged.
Slide the stator assembly over the armature and line up and reinstall the 4 bolts.
rstacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2021, 02:54 PM   #6
manaus24
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstacy View Post
For the bearing plate - Use a small pick to rotate the plate in to position. You can easily see when the holes are lined up. Now get a longer screw of the same thread size. Screw the longer screw in by a few threads and use it to pull the plate up. Hold the plate in position and install one of the factory screws in the other hole. Remove the longer screw and install the remaining factory screw.

For the armature - Push the motor brushes far enough in to the brush holders to actually disengage the springs.
Insert the armature in to the end cap and push the brushes back in to position. Make sure that brush springs are now engaged.
Slide the stator assembly over the armature and line up and reinstall the 4 bolts.
Thank you..very helpful
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha