lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-20-2021, 01:00 PM   #21
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Default Re: Alltrax AXE 4865 Is it toast?

BTW and FWIW, I called Alltrax and told them of the power from B- to Pin-1 and no LED light one day, and the next day the cart worked.

He told me the controller is going bad. Some type of relay in it is starting to fail. He said it may provided intermittent service but would eventually fail.

He also told me to call them if I have any questions during the install of my new controller.

Nice people.....nice service!!
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-20-2021, 07:27 PM   #22
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

You'll love the SR.

Connects to a computer with a USB-A to USB-B cable (AKA USB Printer cable) and compatible with Win-10. More parameters can be tweaked with a SR than was possible with a AXE. Also more stuff monitored.

Also, add a SPST switch and the SR can have have two personalities, one for hunting, one for other stuff. There is also a Bluetooth module that has more features.

What I'm saying is: Read up on all the features and accessories available for the SR. Some, but not all of it, is useful to old fogies like us.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2021, 05:56 AM   #23
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Thanks JohnnieB.

More "stuff" to learn!! Oh boy!!! (Oh boy??)
Old 09-23-2021, 12:49 PM   #24
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Well....I haven't bought a Windows based computer in years. The only one I have left is a Dell Inspiron....and it's not to inspiring to use.

It's got Windows 7 on it and the Alltrax software says the toolkit works on Win 10. So, I'm going through the very painstaking update from 7 to 10. That laptop is as slow as tar in Alaska. This may be a two day job just to update it.
Old 09-23-2021, 12:52 PM   #25
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Looks like it will work with windows 8 so might be an easier jump.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2021, 12:55 PM   #26
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

I would go to 10 - not 8. Once you get it there it will probably run better than on 7.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2021, 01:14 PM   #27
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Depends on the age of the equipment. Windows has a bad habit of dropping support for some older hardware. I upgraded my Sony laptop a few years back and when done I had no video.. Apparently they dropped support for my video card and there was no fix. Took me a day to back it off..
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2021, 02:05 PM   #28
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Yeah.....it's gonna get version 10, or it's going to that big electronic recycling place in the sky.

I think the last time I did an update was back in 2017. I used it for my now crashed Alltrax controller, and it worked fine for that. If I can't get it to work with the new Alltrax toolkit, I'll have to find something else.
Old 09-24-2021, 07:09 AM   #29
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Well...I got "'ol Bessy" (The Dell) to update to Windows 10. I think I started around 9:00am and finished up about 10:00 PM. Of course, I wasn't sitting in front of it the whole time.

Had to first update the existing Windows 7....then it would update to version 10.

One of the nice options of the update is it ask me what apps and data I wanted to keep. I selected the "none" option so I don't have all the "junk" of old auto-open apps now. Just one app....the Alltrax app. And that's all I wanted.
Old 09-24-2021, 02:08 PM   #30
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Welp....I got my SR controller from ScottyB today. I didn't know they were going to include a solenoid mount....but happy they did. Thanks !!

I went to do the install, which of course, is never easier than you think. The actual "swap" of the wiring and cables is the easy part.

But (always a but) my existing heat sink (aluminum) didn't have holes to mount the new SR on it. Ok....no big deal. I can drill 'n tap.

The existing heat sink is bolted to the metal floor under the seat. It's a 10mm socket. (You didn't think it was some other size). So, I start to unbolt the heat sink and 4 snaps later I have it out....but the bolts snapped off.

Ok....no big deal, I'll just drill 'em out. Yeah, well.....I began with a center drill and it didn't want to follow where I wanted it to go. I did some filing of the heat sink flat....but not enough. Ended up drilling 4 holes that now need tapped....and then line 'em up and drill some holes in the metal floor.

Had to stop for a break....maybe a looooong break. Maybe a 3 beer break. Maybe I'll finish it up tomorrow.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO