lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-18-2021, 04:16 PM   #11
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Alltrax AXE 4865 Is it toast?

I'd go with the SR48500 because it comes with a fan and the fan is an option on the SR48400. You can turn down the amps if you want.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SR Specs -full page.jpg (227.4 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-18-2021, 06:06 PM   #12
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
I'd go with the SR48500 because it comes with a fan and the fan is an option on the SR48400. You can turn down the amps if you want.
Thanks. I was thinking the same thing.
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2021, 07:57 AM   #13
DaveTM
Gone Wild

I placed my order with ScottyB for the 500 amp Alltrax. It comes with a cooling fan. Ghee….I wonder if that fan is big enough to keep me cool when I hunt groundhogs?? 🦫 or other things…🐘. 😱
Old 09-19-2021, 10:05 AM   #14
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Ok....so now I'm really perplexed.

I just went to my garage and turned on my cart key......and now it works and I'm getting the 4 blinks on the Alltrax controller light, and the steady green light after that.

So....do failing controllers do this? Not work and then work? I've done NOTHING from leaving it alone yesterday to it now working today?

WTH???
Old 09-19-2021, 10:23 AM   #15
ThreeCW
Gone Wild

Cushman

Brainstorming here ...

You did not happen to expose any of your electrical system to water? Puddle, rain, washing ...

If the water evaporated, it may have corrected the fault ???

Did you test drive it too?
ThreeCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2021, 10:28 AM   #16
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

That is why I asked you to make sure the voltage was actually on Pin-1 in Post#7. If the test lead was physically on Pin-1 (Part of controller) rather than the connector on Pin-1 (part of the red wire), then the failure is inside the controller.

Intermittent problems do happen. Changes in temperature and humidity can make them come and go as well as other factors.

Personally, I'd go ahead and update to the SR controller rather than taking a chance of the AXE deciding to misbehave out in the middle of nowhere.
Old 09-19-2021, 10:48 AM   #17
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Ok, I did not wash or expose the cart to any water.....not even a puddle.

JohnnieB, I did check the voltage between the B- terminal and the Pin-1 and had the 55V. I've reviewed my previous responses and realized I didn't answer that question directly. But I put the MM on Pin-1 and B- and always got the 55V. I also put the MM on the solenoid where the Pin-1 connects to and B-. Still 55V. (I dunno why I checked that...but I did)

Edit: I just found my notes from yesterday's testing and I did get the 55V reading from B- to Pin-1. So....at least that verifies I'm not nuts.

Now, the cart sat in my garage all night, and I have a window A\C unit that also was on and set at 69 degrees. Yesterday when I checked it (when it wasn't doing anything) it was hotter and humid. Like 82 and humid.

I will say that when I drive it, just as I'm making a "genital" throttle up, I get this slight feel of a disconnect, or drag just at the beginning. Almost like a wire is not connecting well. I checked and tightened up any crimp on any male connection that was there....but that didn't stop this anomaly.
Old 09-19-2021, 10:57 AM   #18
DaveTM
Gone Wild

So, yesterday I ordered a new controller from ScottyB.

Then this am, I sent ScottyB an email asking him to cancel the order.

Then, after the ride that kinda-sorta gives me a little wonky thing at the start of acceleration, and the power of JohnnieB's suggestion to replace it.....I sent ScottyB another email asking him to un-cancel the cancel.

Gotta love working with the public!!

Edit: My current Alltrax controller is over ten years old. I use my cart a lot.....really a lot as I'm disabled and the cart is my "legs" to get around. So, I don't think there's any shame in it going wonky after that long and that much use.
Old 09-19-2021, 12:12 PM   #19
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Knowing you are disabled was a significant factor in my recommendation to go ahead and replace it. I use my cart as OPDMD (Other Power-Driven Mobility Device) also.

I carry a copy of the attached DOJ brochure in the cart, but haven't been challenged yet. Cops and other officials usually see the handicap placard and continue whatever they were doing. Of course, I only use it outdoors.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf opdmd.pdf (2.57 MB, 0 views)
Old 09-19-2021, 01:26 PM   #20
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
Knowing you are disabled was a significant factor in my recommendation to go ahead and replace it. I use my cart as OPDMD (Other Power-Driven Mobility Device) also.

I carry a copy of the attached DOJ brochure in the cart, but haven't been challenged yet. Cops and other officials usually see the handicap placard and continue whatever they were doing. Of course, I only use it outdoors.
Yeah....Thanks JohnnieB. I have a copy of that on my cell phone. Usually what I do is if I'm going to an outdoor event, (those that even state on their web sites that no golf carts are allowed) I will call ahead and get permission. Even if it's on public property.

A "true test" will be my obtaining permission to a PGC event at Oakmont CC. Oakmont doesn't even have cart paths. But.....I like a challenge.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO