lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-12-2021, 06:38 PM   #1
ImplantLabTech
Getting Wild

Default Relion Lithium Mounting issues

So I pulled the trigger on these for a few reasons but also because it seemed like it would be an easy install, I was frustrated to find out the CAN cable that links them all together for the BMS is directional and the way they are positioned will not allow the stock t style battery hold down to work with out modifying it. Its not the end of the world I just was hoping for a perfect stock look with out having to sawzall the bracket to make clearance. I am contemplating fabbing my own cleaner mount.

Anyone else run into this on your install?
ImplantLabTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-12-2021, 08:29 PM   #2
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Relion Lithium Mounting issues

If it were me, I would mod the cable.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2021, 02:32 PM   #3
LouBinWNC
Not Yet Wild

This is how I have mine but I only have two batteries. Call ReLion, they have been very helpful
Attached Images
File Type: jpg A94E8849-9D06-408A-918E-F5731ED00632.jpg (93.1 KB, 0 views)
LouBinWNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2021, 09:21 PM   #4
ImplantLabTech
Getting Wild

Thanks guys, its such an easy fix while the batteries are being assembled to have a jig that positions the **** thing so its uniformed.

I have 4 batteries and 2 of the mock batteries and after relooking at things I think I can use the old 12volt 4 bat hold downs without modifying jack **** and throw the two mocks to the curb.
Old 09-13-2021, 09:42 PM   #5
LouBinWNC
Not Yet Wild

I pulled a few of the blanks also. I used the space for fuse block and to store the wiring from the fuel gauge and my led lights.
LouBinWNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2021, 03:47 PM   #6
ImplantLabTech
Getting Wild

So after getting pissed I just went back and designed up my own battery box with some old scrap angle iron and then sourced the old style 12 volt battery hold down and everything turned out awesome. Bought some 2 gauge welding wire and made my own matching cables as well. What do you guys think?

Old 09-18-2021, 06:42 PM   #7
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

Nice job! It looks like a factory setup!

One question: Don't the CAN connections need to be in series for all 4 batteries? It appears you have the first two together and the last 2 together? Of course I know nothing about these!
Tom47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2021, 09:57 AM   #8
simicrintz
Gone Wild

Club Car

Very clean!!
simicrintz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2021, 04:33 PM   #9
ImplantLabTech
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom47 View Post
Nice job! It looks like a factory setup!

One question: Don't the CAN connections need to be in series for all 4 batteries? It appears you have the first two together and the last 2 together? Of course I know nothing about these!
Thank you,

As for the can cable, It maybe an illusion, they are pos to neg all the way across the aray, I fought myself very hard trying to unpin and cut the cable shorter to make it look perfect I just settled on the cable ties in this fashion.
Old 09-19-2021, 04:35 PM   #10
ImplantLabTech
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by simicrintz View Post
Very clean!!
Thank you, it was bugging me I had to figure out a sweet set up after dropping the coin on these batteries which should be the last ones I have to buy if the amp hours are true and the cycles are realistic. Hell god knows the technology for the batteries will be way different in 7 years let alone if this company will still be around. Right now I am pretty stoked so I got that going for me :)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car