lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-12-2021, 11:16 AM   #1
Marc2010
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Smile New 2021 SE Roadrunner Li-ion

Just took delivery of my New 2021 SE Roadrunner Li-ion. Great product. My frist round of golf took the batteries down to 70%. I believe that will improve after a few cycles.

Question: I have removed the stock horn and am replacing it with a 1965 Plymouth Roadrunner horn. There is only one connection as this horn depends upon frame ground. The stock horn had dual connection.

When I connected the horn I received a Fault notice. I have heard that connection accessories often causes these Faults and there is a diode that can be connected to work around this issue. Is anyone knowledgeable on this issue? What diode? Proper connection?

Thans for feedback.
Marc2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-12-2021, 01:50 PM   #2
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: New 2021 SE Roadrunner Li-ion

Nothing should ever be grounded to the frame on a golf cart. You need to isolate the horn from the frame - then it will work.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 12:55 PM   #3
Muddog
Crazy Wild

Club Car

What he said.
Run a wire from horn frame to battery negative.
Muddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2021, 02:21 PM   #4
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

But you first must isolate the horn metal from the cart metal.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 01:42 PM   #5
Marc2010
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Thank you everyone. I did isolate the horn but the CC Onward Li-Ion horn circuit apparently doesn't carry enough amperage to blow the horn. I replace the original horn and it works perfectly. I put the new horn )isolated) in parallel with the original. The original blew but not the new one.

Noe thinking about replacing the original with a relay. I need to find a location I can pull voltage and current through an in-line 15A fuse to power the horn through the momentary SPST relay.

Any Ideas? I have not located any wiring diagrams. I have the 48V FLA wiring Diagram. I am not certain they re the same.
Marc2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car