lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Icon

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-23-2021, 02:39 PM   #11
ATrain
Gone Wild

Default Re: Accelerator Range

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carryone View Post
Hi
think you have changed some other setting
Unit says rpm but your shows Km/h
Limit Speed Point E 35 km/h

what do you have on Motor Speed Unit ? 0 or 1
So that XML screenshot is from the stock ICON software I think, which is what confuses me.

My motor speed unit is 0 I believe? I'm in the middle of building a new garage so my tools and things are in storage so I can't really check for a while.
ATrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-23-2021, 05:50 PM   #12
AdvancedEVguy
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

I spoke to a dealer for Advanced EV a few days ago and got quite an earful. It looks like I will be working directly with him to help figure out how to support the Toyota controller, at least in the short term. If you ask me, Toyota is doing themselves a disservice by being so secretive. LVTong is the China manufacturer for most of these Chinese built carts, and they can be ordered in a variety of models, including one with a Curtiss controller. It is possible this is a DC version, which would be a deal breaker, but we will be looking into that, as the Toyota controller is difficult to support. Even as an importer from China, he is not able to get a listing of what the software parameters do. Yikes. No idea how you can support a product you can't tune. He simply imports the carts, puts his name on them and some nicer looking seat covers, and that's that. Turns out LVTong is a joint Chinese/German operation. Interesting.

I did a little dissection today to figure out what the deal is with the accelerator pedal, and it is very weird. This is not a simple dual pot arrangement like a conventional throttle position sensor. There is a 5 wire harness connecting it to the controller, and a potted circuit assembly in the bottom of the device. It has two pots sticking out of it which have been sealed to keep them from moving due to vibration and probably also to reveal tampering. No clue what they do but I suspect this is the key to fixing the accelerator range issue. I reached out to LVTong offering my services today. I'll let you know what the response is, but I don't hold much hope for anything productive. It would be helpful to know if this is the same technique used by Icon. The Advance EV dealer insisted that Icon is also made by LVTong, it's just a different model.

Maybe I'll start importing them myself ;)
AdvancedEVguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2021, 06:02 PM   #13
AdvancedEVguy
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

I should also mention that I could not see any mechanical connection to a pot from the throttle rod that the pedal is mounted to. It look like they are using some other method, but I didn't want to disturb things too much for feat I would damage something. They have quite a lot packed in there and as I mentioned, it is potted, and the wires come directly out of the potting compound. Any damage there and you have a broken, unrepairable part.
AdvancedEVguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2021, 03:48 PM   #14
bmcwhirt
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdvancedEVguy View Post
Here is a screen shot of my Torque Limits. Not sure why it is programmed this way, unless the dealer did it, not really understanding what they were doing. Since the values are in RPM, the E point is probably the only one that is active, since it is 35. It doesn't take long fore the motor to reach 35 RPM. I am guessing they thought it was in MPH. Even the max values don't make a lot of sense. I am going to try this with #138 set to zero, to disable the torque limits and see what that does to the performance. I attached the document as a pdf, since I can't seem to get it to embed in the message.
My 2021 I40L has the same weird values.
bmcwhirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Icon