lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Tomberlin

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-21-2021, 08:01 PM   #1
GT534
Not Yet Wild

Default 08 Emerge no drive fwd or reverse

New to me from a family member 2008 emerge (1050 hrs) just put new Trojan batteries in let them charge up then drove for 15-20 mins parked and plugged back in for a bit then unplugged and 3 days later now won’t move fwd or reverse. Have all lights, dash lights backup beeper etc. can hear switch click when hitting accelerator pedal. Have checked for loose cables, looked at parking brake switch for loose wires checked two fuses I found so far and don’t see anything. In Midwest and have not found anyone within 3 hrs 45 mins that will take a look at it. Any pointers of some items to try or look for?

Thanks in advance for your time.
GT534 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-22-2021, 03:14 PM   #2
ojo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 08 Emerge no drive fwd or reverse

Check your battery voltage first. Always charge the batteries until the charger shuts off. New batteries only have around 75% of capacity, they needs 20 - 100 loading cycles to get 100%. Always charge the batts. after every use.
ojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2021, 11:28 AM   #3
superfan86
Getting Wild
Club Car

Default Re: 08 Emerge no drive fwd or reverse

I just had the same issue with a neighbor's cart. Hearing the switch click when you hit the accelerator means that you are getting power to the controller, so it is def not your batteries.

I was able to reset the controller by pulling all the fuses and all my issues went away.

Lubricated the brake switch controller and glued a washer to the switch plate to make sure it press the switch down fully. That has helped with the recurrence of the problem.

Another user mentioned reading for error codes:

Quote:
remove the rubber plug at controller cover and watch for flashing codes. If stored, the controller will flash them permanently. All codes are listed in the Tomberlin owner/repair manual.
superfan86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Tomberlin