lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Icon

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-04-2021, 07:59 AM   #21
mbrown55
Getting Wild

Default Re: Things I’ve done so far.

Mine has 12v at the buzzer, comes off the reducer
mbrown55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-08-2021, 05:55 PM   #22
johncohn
Not Yet Wild

You mentioned putting 2" aluminum spacers in. Where did they go and how did it affect the ride? AM brand new to golf carts and ride feels really bumpy. I have a stock I40 with 12 inch stock tires. They wanted to sell me "comfort tires" for $400, but have no idea what a comfort tire is compared to the regular tire.
johncohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2021, 06:47 AM   #23
jeffahfah
Getting Wild

spacers widen the tire placement of the cart. They connect between the wheel hub and the wheel. You may read the terms "smooth out the ride" but for lifted ICON's this is in reference to the roll and sway of the cart at high speeds when compared to stock. It does not improve "bumpy". Im sure for non lifted it will handle better, turn sharper, feel a bit more stable but it's way more noticeable on lifted carts.

Im sure the "comfort" tires are going to be a bit softer with taller sidewalls, smoothing out some of the bumpiness but would not expect it to be night and day difference.
jeffahfah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2021, 10:21 AM   #24
johncohn
Not Yet Wild

Thanks. The dealer traded out the original tires for another set of factory tires which improved the ride. They also lowered tire pressure to 20psi.

I like the idea of a more stable ride as i can see my wife or myself accidentally doing something stupid as we get used to the golf cart, so will probably put on the spacers.

Jeffhahhah or anybody - what brand/model would you all recommend? Cannot find any that say they would fit an ICON.

John
johncohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2021, 07:37 AM   #25
jeffahfah
Getting Wild

You can search this forum for various links, most go to amazon. I dont think there's a name brand preference, I got the cheapest I could find but the cost seems to have increased to $100 or more for a 4 count set.

If you live in a wet climate (even if partial for the year) then you will get mud slung around. You wont get caked in it and it's not on every damp pavement but it will happen. Any size spacer will extend the tire past the fenders. If on a non lifted, dont think those come with fenders, then you could get the fenders that come with the lifted. Also non lifted tires are much smaller so mud slinging may not be so much an issue.
jeffahfah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2021, 08:01 AM   #26
mbrown55
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikefili View Post
Can anyone help?

The backup horn on my I60L is 12V from the reducer. Camera works great, comes on automatically when in reverse. You could also just wire it to a constant switched voltage and it would be on all the time which is not too bad to have another view of the back.
mbrown55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2021, 11:48 AM   #27
JStubbs1987
Not Yet Wild

the piece you added next to the forward/reverse switch? does it snap in to the pre cutouts that are there? If so where did you find one that fits? Im looking to add a rocker switch there for lights and ive bought a couple different switches and they are all too small to snap in. Thanks
JStubbs1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2021, 07:19 AM   #28
Stano7
Getting Wild

I added a rocker, mine was circular. Removed existing blank panel and drilled hole. Installed switch and replaced panel. Will send pic.
Stano7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Icon