lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Icon

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-19-2021, 08:32 AM   #11
geoffarias
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Programming Software Download Here

Great post. My 20 min programming project rolled into 1-2 hours because I couldn't figure this out lol
geoffarias is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-19-2021, 08:14 PM   #12
thelandposse
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by geoffarias View Post
Great post. My 20 min programming project rolled into 1-2 hours because I couldn't figure this out lol
Haha. Mine turned into about 18 hours because I was convinced that the incorrect drivers that I downloaded should have worked. Once I remembered that computers are usually right I retraced my steps and figured out my error.
thelandposse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2021, 06:31 PM   #13
Stano7
Getting Wild

So the program fires up but it doesn't seem to be communicating with the cart. The green light inside of the transparent blue CANUSB unit quickly flashes when it's plugged but then goes off. I only copied the .dll file mentioned in the post. Was I supposed to copy the .lib file as well? Any suggestions? "Tune" option is greyed out. Only thing I can select is "Monitor for PC." Key is turned to on position.
Stano7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2021, 06:56 PM   #14
ATrain
Gone Wild

If you have the software opening correctly, but the cart isn't being detected and the cable lights just flash and go off or something weird, it's most likely that the drivers for the CANUSB did not successfully install automatically.

Using the same download I mentioned higher in this thread, you'll just install those drivers following these steps in this post below. I don't have the exact situation in front of me, so the steps are mostly from memory so you may need to improvise on the fly but you're just trying to install the drivers. Look in your device manager and see if it's showing "other devices" or "unknown" or something to confirm the driver isn't properly installed.

https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/show...8&postcount=60
ATrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2021, 07:13 PM   #15
Stano7
Getting Wild

Found the issue. Had to do some research on the CANUSB manufacturer website. I found a link to an updated chipset driver. I pasted below it is if anyone else is having the same issue. Connected right away after download. My original FWD RPM setting was at 5k with a 7k max so I bumped that to 7k - top out at about 30 MPH, don't really want to push it further right now.

https://ftdichip.com/drivers/d2xx-drivers/
Old 03-22-2021, 07:18 PM   #16
Stano7
Getting Wild

30 MPH - Takes a while to get up there. Anyone figured out acceleration? I took Acc Rate Fwd down from 7.5 to 5 seems to have made a little bit of difference.
Old 03-22-2021, 08:42 PM   #17
ATrain
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stano7 View Post
30 MPH - Takes a while to get up there. Anyone figured out acceleration? I took Acc Rate Fwd down from 7.5 to 5 seems to have made a little bit of difference.
I have a ton of settings to try and I'm waiting on my cable from my parents in another state...they're taking forever to tinker with their cart. I'll be posting an update in probably 1-2 weeks.
Old 03-22-2021, 09:13 PM   #18
Stano7
Getting Wild

Cool. I’ll keep tinkering and report back as well. I need to find a system of keep track of what I change. Is there a file in the software to restore back to factory settings in case one gets carried away?
Old 03-23-2021, 10:16 AM   #19
ATrain
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stano7 View Post
Cool. I’ll keep tinkering and report back as well. I need to find a system of keep track of what I change. Is there a file in the software to restore back to factory settings in case one gets carried away?
You should export the profile and save the file on your computer somewhere. Each version you create, you can export and save so you can always go back to a previous version. I think in the software folder there is a *.neos file that contains the factory settings...but the factory settings I've seen change over time a bit.
Old 03-25-2021, 09:09 AM   #20
anpgator
Getting Wild

Sorry it posted elsewhere and I missed it, but is this compatible with Mac OS or is it only Windows?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
anpgator is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Icon