lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-02-2007, 08:54 AM   #1
smolios1
Not Yet Wild

Default 86 ezgo three wheel electric

I bought this cart for my kids ran great the first day dies fast after that day cant get longer then 20 mins there is only 3 batteries in it can that be right NEED help kids are wanting to ride
smolios1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-02-2007, 09:02 AM   #2
napalaz
Gone Wild

Default Re: 86 ezgo three wheel electric

someone probably put 12 v batts in the cart should have 6 6v bats in it thats probably your problem take some pics a post them
napalaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 09:06 AM   #3
roady89
nimda
Club Car

Yep....sounds like someone put three 12 volt batteries in it. Theres no way to get a decent run time out of it. 86 will be a resistor cart and that makes the run time even worse. You say it ran good for a day? Might check your connections and make sure they are clean and tight.
roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 01:52 PM   #4
smolios1
Not Yet Wild

will regular batteries 6 volt from a parts store work or is there a regular battery that I have to buy you guys where right there is only 3 12 volt batteries in it right now want to get it right for the kids HELP first cart we ever had all new to me
Old 09-02-2007, 02:08 PM   #5
roady89
nimda
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by smolios1 View Post
will regular batteries 6 volt from a parts store work
Yes, they will work. How long will they last and how much they cost should be your next question. The 6 volt batteries at the parts store around here cost as much as a good trojan or similar quality. I would strongly suggest looking around for the best price and compare batteries before buying a set. Buying 1 battery at a parts store to "get by" is one thing but buying a whole set is another.
roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 04:40 PM   #6
smolios1
Not Yet Wild

thry are about 60$ EACH WHAT OR WHERE DO i IND CART BATTERIES? WHAT IS A GOOD PRICE FOR THEM
Old 09-02-2007, 05:40 PM   #7
napalaz
Gone Wild

go with napa bats part number 8144
napalaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO