lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-15-2019, 04:49 PM   #1
b00sted
Not Yet Wild

Default 1984 Yamaha G! Fuel/Oil and will not turn over. Help please.

i just picked up this cart from a person who said that their father drove it around. He just put a brand new carb on it and put an electric fuel pump on it. I think the electric pump may be to much for it. My question is how is the oil mixed with the fuel? Is it through the original pump or? I am a ways from it running as when the key is on and press the pedal nothing happens. I checked the voltage at the solenoid and have 14.2 to the large lug and at the small wire. I am at a stand still on this as I am no where an electrical guy and this is kicking my but. Any and all advise is welcome and thanked in advance...
b00sted is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-15-2019, 06:25 PM   #2
b00sted
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 1984 Yamaha G! Fuel/Oil

I just checked the voltage at the solenoid and showed 14.2 on the big lug and on the small wire in the top center. Pedal down or up in forward or reverse the same thing.. I checked the fuses as well and the are good. What to look at next?
Old 07-15-2019, 07:02 PM   #3
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Default Re: 1984 Yamaha G! Fuel/Oil and will not turn over. Help please.

Welcome to the club!

Read everything you can
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gas-y...s-newbies.html

Ok, so the G1 has an oil injector, basically you add oil to the tank by the rear left and the injector pump on the engine squirts oil in with the fuel for you.

With that said, they have been known to fail, clog, etc. and end up ruining engines. The solution is to premix your fuel. The G1 service manual says the injector mixes the oil at a ratio of between 150:1 and 300:1. I ran at 100:1 for years and it ran great with virtually no wear. Some choose 85:1, and I've used that ratio too. Get a good synthetic 2 cycle air cooled oil, like Echo brand. You can look up on the net how much to use per gallon to make the ratio you want.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 07:04 PM   #4
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

As far as the starting issue, it might be the pedal switch. Under the gas pedal there is an electric switch, check it. Check the wires. Check that it operates. It sends signal back to the starter solenoids to tell them to run the starter/gen. That switch is known to go bad.

Here's what you need to read for that.
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gas-y...turn-over.html

For the fuel pump, get a new stock style or any Briggs and Stratton pump from your local lawn mower shop. Here's some info on the fuel pump.
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gas-y...fuel-pump.html
Old 07-15-2019, 07:10 PM   #5
mikeasis
Gone Wild
Yamaha

welcome to the addiction. heres some literature for you

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/garag...ir-manual.html
mikeasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 08:18 PM   #6
b00sted
Not Yet Wild

Thanks everyone... I will get on that pedal switch tomorrow.I do not mind anything mechanical but electrical is not my forte. She is not the prettiest girl in the world but I got it so cheap I want to make it run. Has a roof frame with no top in it.. Seems to be all stock.. Any good places to look for used parts for these things?
Old 07-16-2019, 07:15 AM   #7
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Post in the "Golf Carts and Parts" section

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/golf-carts-parts/
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha