lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-11-2023, 11:01 AM   #1
mgray70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default XRT 810 Dies when hot

Working on a Club Car XRT-810 with a Kawasaki FE-350 that runs great until it gets hot, then dies. I've bypassed the rev limiter thinking that was the issue, but it still does it. Next I moved to compression. It's a little under 90 psi cold which is low right? Drove it until it quit, rechecked the compression and it was 100 psi. That is a little confusing to me.
This engine has no ACR. I'm thinking it's a worn engine with bad compression, but I'm not regular gas cart guy, and want someone's opinion that is. Anything else that could cause this situation?

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk
mgray70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-11-2023, 03:51 PM   #2
mgray70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: XRT 810 Dies when hot

I did notice one time when it died out that the fuel filter was dry. So I replaced the fuel pump and the vacuum line from the pump to the crankcase. Still died out with full fuel filters the next time.
When it dies, you can choke and limp it for a little bit, and you can let it set a few minutes, and it will go another few minutes. Like it's not getting fuel. I have the carburetor of soaking right now. This is a key start motor.
It's confusing because when it is hot the motor feels like it has plenty compression, because sometimes the starter stalls on the compression stroke like it has plenty. And the gauge shows more.

Old 09-12-2023, 10:19 AM   #3
mgray70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Soaked the carb in cleaner overnight cleaned and put back together. It does seem to run a little better, but still dies down and gets hard to crank when it is hot. Like it's not getting fuel. What else can I rule out to make sure, before we have to redo this engine?

Old 09-12-2023, 10:25 AM   #4
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Is it getting spark?
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2023, 05:29 PM   #5
mgray70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
Is it getting spark?
I've been so focused on the compression that I haven't thought about fire, other than the rev limiter, and that was the first thing I done. I will check that tomorrow. When it does it, it will spit and sputter, and rough idle like it's not getting fuel. Let it set a couple minutes, and it will go for a little bit. I was just thinking it didn't have enough compression to pull in the gas.

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car