lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!
Big Block Talk! Everything about swapping a big block engine into your cart!

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-11-2009, 04:36 PM   #1
dirtracer27x
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default fuel problem?16 hp vanny

ok thought id see if any of you guys had any answers for me.i run my cart around for a few min and it runs fine.extend run seems to slow down just a bit and has even bogged down and stalled.check the filter and looks as if it barely has any fuel in it.if i choke it for a brief second it fires back up and i was able to make it back to the garage.my ? is does the fuel tank have enough vent to it,i just replaced the cap.i do see small holes for venting,is this enough.started messin with the mixture but dnt really think this is the prob,what might be a good starting point for the mixture screw?

was going to remove the gov,but didnt want to spend the money yet.i dont get full throttle either with my linkage setup but thought it would be fine as i will have young kids and old drunk kids runnin my cart.does anyone make a stiffer gov spring like for the honda.would the high volume pump help also?thanks guys.
dirtracer27x is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-11-2009, 04:46 PM   #2
pizzamaker
****tard supreme
E-Z-GO

Default Re: fuel problem?16 hp vanny

what pump are you using now, the new cap should be good! sounds like crap in the hi speed jet.
pizzamaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 04:46 PM   #3
dirtysouth
Gone Wild

Club Car

Smile Re: fuel problem?16 hp vanny

dirt, 1-1/4 turns is a good start point. The stock vent on the tank should work fine. Check the vacuum line to the fuel pump. Did the 16 come with a pump or did ya use the old one?
dirtysouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2009, 04:56 PM   #4
dirtracer27x
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

came with one,i even pulled it apart and cleaned it up,no pin holes or anything i can see.was looking to see howthe carb came off,looks like i have to take a bunch of crap off.

how do i get to the high spped jet to clean it?
Old 04-11-2009, 05:00 PM   #5
pizzamaker
****tard supreme
E-Z-GO

its not bad to pull, i would pull it apart and give it a blow [well you know what i mean]
Old 04-11-2009, 05:03 PM   #6
pizzamaker
****tard supreme
E-Z-GO

Old 04-11-2009, 06:38 PM   #7
dirtracer27x
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

well i pulled the top off the carb and cleaned and blew it out.there was some dirt in the bottom of the bowl.here is what i came up with.fuel pump is pumping,seems fine to me.i pulled mixture needle and carb cleaned and blew out,as well as the rest of the holes on the carb.what i did notice after putting it back together is the fuel doesnt seem to get to the bowl,what i mean by that is were the fuel enters there is a what looks a little needle with a rubber tip.as i crank the engine with the bowl in place it doesnt seem to have enough pressure to fill the bowl.i had to lift up a hair on it to fill it.ounce i fire it off ,it seems to surge at idle and doesnt seem to flow good through the filter.im kinda stumped here.could my fuel pump just not be building enough pressure?i think i blew every thing out good.i also ran the mix needle in all the way and backed out 1 1/2 turns.when i throttle up it coughs alittle and spits up threw the carb.
Old 04-11-2009, 06:48 PM   #8
pizzamaker
****tard supreme
E-Z-GO

it very well could be the fuel pump, is the ez go pump still there? to try,, when i run the starter the bowl will fill in 10 or 15 revolutions but thats with the ez go pump.
Old 04-11-2009, 07:32 PM   #9
todwil
TOD WILD

Sounds like the pump to me, also check the bowl vent it
maybe plugged and not letting the air out and fuel in its
the L-shaped pipe on the carb top. The fuel pump from the EZGO
will work fine if you still have it swap it out and try it!!!
todwil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 10:04 PM   #10
pizzamaker
****tard supreme
E-Z-GO

so whats up?? is it up and running
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!