lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!
Big Block Talk! Everything about swapping a big block engine into your cart!

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-19-2021, 07:05 AM   #11
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Default Re: Duromax 713cc

From what Red Beard posted the cylinder head valve train is like the 390 clone set up.IF that is so the HD springs and high ratio rocker arms would be worthwhile additions
raydhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-19-2021, 08:23 AM   #12
VeeTwin
Not Yet Wild

Is there a benefit to upgrading the valvetrain though if you can't install stronger con rods? Generally speaking, can OEM rods handle higher RPMs than the valvetrain?

BTW, I'm a real newb in this arena. I've been working on cars and car engines a long time, but this is my first foray into the world of buggies.

If you're curious, I have a thread of my project on a Pilot/Odyssey forum. (I can't post a link yet), but if you google "Duromax 713 FL250" you should find a link.
VeeTwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2021, 11:09 AM   #13
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

Even if you don't rev higher high ratio rocker arms add some oomph as the stock cams are pretty tame. With the higher lift it is wise to put better valve springs in. I was curious if the 670's billet rod would fit BUT Red Beard kind of dropped the project and I haven't seen any more from others on 713 mods.
Old 09-19-2021, 06:15 PM   #14
VeeTwin
Not Yet Wild

Ah, ok. Then they'd be worth a try at some point. Can the rockers, springs, and pushrods be replaced just by removing the valve covers?

Yeah I was hoping RB would do more stuff with the 713 but it's been 6 months since the last video he posted of that Kawa mule.

I suppose the only way to know for sure would be to measure the 713's and compare to the 670? I assume they could possibly be the same even though the stroke is different?
Old 09-19-2021, 09:37 PM   #15
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

The top end items can be changed by keeping the valves in place by either air pressure or the old rope trick
Old 09-21-2021, 06:17 AM   #16
VeeTwin
Not Yet Wild

I'm sure I'll do the valvetrain upgrade at some point, but it probably won't be right away. To get the full benefit I'd also want to upgrade the carb for better flow. I'd hope both things together would net a few extra HP. It'd be great to get it closer to 30hp peak w/o loosing the down low torque.
Old 09-22-2021, 06:18 AM   #17
VeeTwin
Not Yet Wild

Here's my homemade muffler and exhaust

Attached Images
File Type: png muffler.PNG (497.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: png muffler2.PNG (1.05 MB, 0 views)
Old 09-23-2021, 10:05 PM   #18
Hottdoggin
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeeTwin View Post
Here's my homemade muffler and exhaust

Vasily, is this you?
Hottdoggin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2021, 05:49 AM   #19
VeeTwin
Not Yet Wild

No I don't know who that is, sorry
Old 10-03-2021, 07:34 AM   #20
VeeTwin
Not Yet Wild

Here's a short video of my Honda Odyssey FL250 with the Duromax. For a totally stock engine, I'm pretty happy with the performance. However, I have had two occasions now where the float needle has gotten stuck open after driving fast on rough terrain, causing extreme flooding, only to be cured by shutting down and rapping on the carb with a plastic mallet. The first time I didn't know what was happening and it was so bad fuel was just dumping into the cylinders. I can't have that happening so it looks like a Mikuni carb(s) are in my near future

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqFOjA5HJcs
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!