lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > On Road Golf Carts!
On Road Golf Carts! Low to the ground Golf Carts!

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-24-2013, 10:38 AM   #21
mazdawg(Mikey)
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: My ezgo build (on air)

yeah the second leaf removed and the crossmember sectioned up 2in is all i had to do. the suspension cycles all the way down till the shocks bottom out. without the shocks it actually goes farther down till the tires hit the frame and stop it. im building the rear as i type this. i took a mt dew break and figured id check the forum lol. i got the links mounted and the rear is mounted with new u-bolts. im mocking up the shocks now and i think im gonna mount them in front of the diff instead of behind it like the factory mount. i dont have much room behind it and the front i found a spot i think thatll work ok. im also having an issue with the motor and diff hitting the bag well. i cant run the diff forward because when the cart is layd out, the motor hits the upper xmember. i think im gonna cut out the bag well and make an extended cover that covers the motor hole and down to the bottom of the bag well.
mazdawg(Mikey) is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-24-2013, 07:00 PM   #22
mazdawg(Mikey)
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

So I ended up placing the shocks behind the rear dif. The shocks cycle up and down nicely but I had to cut the body out where the shocks are and to clear the motor and dif. Ill address it later when I get to reassembly. I've still gotta blow it back apart to finish welding and add gussets. Then I can paint and reassemble the suspension and then move into building a new battery rack.

Old 08-24-2013, 07:13 PM   #23
Turbo_Pumpkin
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Lookin good!

If you don't mind me asking, what size square tubing are you using? I assume you used bushings in the front and bolted them in where the factory leaf springs originally mounted. Where did you find those bushings?

Keep up the good work man.
Turbo_Pumpkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 07:15 PM   #24
mazdawg(Mikey)
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

The tubing is 1 3/4 square that I got at my local machine shop. It's the same width as the leaf springs. I cut the ends off of my leaf springs and used them for the front mounts. The bushings are new stock replacements that went in them.
Old 08-24-2013, 07:29 PM   #25
Turbo_Pumpkin
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazdawg(Mikey) View Post
The tubing is 1 3/4 square that I got at my local machine shop. It's the same width as the leaf springs. I cut the ends off of my leaf springs and used them for the front mounts. The bushings are new stock replacements that went in them.
I thought about reusing the front of the springs but was not sure how welding spring steel would work out. Apparently it works fine! Thanks.
Turbo_Pumpkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 07:30 PM   #26
mazdawg(Mikey)
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Yeah I've seen it done several times on trucks "back in the day" lol
Old 08-25-2013, 07:34 PM   #27
J.Adams
Gone Wild

Hey crazy seeing you on here... Hahah I was reading your post and scrolling down then I saw the mazda and was like ohh **** its mike.. I just seen your post on FB the other day looking for compressors.. Im doing the same kinda build but 2001 ezgo gas 6'' lift with bags to raise higher. On 24" swamplite atv tires for camping/cruzing my property. I gotta have it lifted for where I live (and to take james hunting) but still want the thrill of it being bagged lol
J.Adams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 07:36 PM   #28
J.Adams
Gone Wild

The build looks like its going sweet id love to have another completely slammed to go to shows with like the s10 on 22s id even try to build a full chassis to lay body :D lol
Old 08-25-2013, 09:13 PM   #29
mazdawg(Mikey)
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I'm gonna play dumb and ask who you are because I don't wanna be stupid and think you're somebody else
Old 08-25-2013, 10:23 PM   #30
J.Adams
Gone Wild

Haha i have the blue s10 bodied on 22s. Corrupt Ambitions. Me james cory and brett were parked beside you at Metal worx last year... Any idea now lol
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > On Road Golf Carts!