lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > On Road Golf Carts!
On Road Golf Carts! Low to the ground Golf Carts!

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-20-2013, 08:10 PM   #11
ramjet
Getting Wild
Club Car

Default Re: My ezgo build (on air)

(Mikey) Im liking it man. I can't wait to see what you come up with. Im really digging the truck by the way. Awsome
ramjet is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-20-2013, 08:19 PM   #12
Kudaman
Gone Wild

Club Car

Sweet, can't wait to follow this build! Great pics!
Kudaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 08:33 PM   #13
mazdawg(Mikey)
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Here's some quick pics of the truck. It's an 87 Mazda b2200 that's bagged and bodied. Billet 20s and a lot of parts from Australia including a full ford courier/raider front end, vent windows and door glass, tailights, and other small stuff like emblems, license plates, and soon to be mirrors. Has a 64 galaxies dash as well. Plans changed when I narrowed the rearend so I'm swapping back to 2wd Sheetmetal.

mazdawg(Mikey) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 08:38 PM   #14
mazdawg(Mikey)
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

And here's some progress pics of the cart.....if you can call it that. I reassembled the front with the sectioned crossmember, flipped leafs, and the air shocks in. Man do I have some steering problems. I think I'm gonna flip the leafs back over and maybe take one out of the pack to see if I can get it down that way. I want to get the leaf issue squared away before I focus on the steering. I may have to shorten the big steering arm.

Old 08-20-2013, 09:07 PM   #15
Pitbull Joe
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Cool. You're making good progress.
Pitbull Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 07:56 PM   #16
Turbo_Pumpkin
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazdawg(Mikey) View Post
Yeah the thought had crossed my mind about narrowing it while I was cutting on it. I wish I had my wheels now so I could use them for the mocking. Hopefully I can find something decent looking in a 12x6 in a 2+4 offset
I'm lookin for 10's on mine, havin a hard time with offsets too. There are no good offsets for these things. Your steering looks better for lowering than mine. It's lookin good man.
Turbo_Pumpkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 08:24 PM   #17
mazdawg(Mikey)
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I dunno man...when I pick the cart up the tie rods change angle and gain length so I get toe in and out during suspension cycle. I'd rather have my rack on the crossmember.

I fixed the front of it today. When I flipped the leafs over they angled the cross,ember forward and made life very difficult. What I did was remove the overload leaf and flipped them back the stock way and it cycles perfect now. I've still gotta replace a tie rod before I can finish it but it's way better now.

I removed the rear leaf springs to start building the 2link. I got the links built but forgot to snap a pic of them before I left to go home. I did get a shot of the back on the ground :)
Old 08-22-2013, 09:06 PM   #18
Pitbull Joe
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Wow now that is slammed. It's gonna be cool.
Pitbull Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 09:27 PM   #19
mazdawg(Mikey)
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Yeah the back isn't doing anything but sitting there. I'm sure when I do the shock mounts itll be a few inches higher
Old 08-24-2013, 08:41 AM   #20
Turbo_Pumpkin
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

I was thinking about removing the second leaf on the front to make it softer. Without the second leaf, and installed properly (not flipped) it gave you that much drop? If so, that's what I'm gonna do, mine rides super stiff.

And I can't wait to see your rear setup. I saw monkye-1's setup and ill probably do something similar. That's next on my list along with getting the compressor, tank and paddle switches... Unfortunately I have other garage projects that are keeping me busy.

Keep up the good progress man!
Turbo_Pumpkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > On Road Golf Carts!