lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-16-2008, 02:27 PM   #1
birdmandave
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Won't go 3 wheeler

I have a 3 wheeled ez go that does not go fast at all. I can put it in reverse and go alot faster. I do not think that the bushing or anything has been cleaned on the golf cart. I have lifted it 4 inches witrh new tires, but it still did not go good before I did that. What can I do .......Also later I want to get a faster motor for it, but right now I want to stay with the old one and yes this thing is , I thing, 30 years old.................Help Also if some one can help me and change my setting to a EZ GO electric and not a club car I would be thankful
birdmandave is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-16-2008, 02:32 PM   #2
wizcart
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Won't go 3 wheeler

Heheee, never mind
wizcart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 07:16 PM   #3
Rodger's Rides
Totally Bonkers!

Mixed Breed

Take a look at the contacts, they may be burned and need to be either sanded to freshen them up or possibly replace if cleaning them does not work. I have one in my "Donner Shed", if you need a ned contact assembly let me know and I will see what kind of shape it is in and maybe we can go from there. Where in GA are you?
Rodger's Rides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2008, 07:56 PM   #4
birdmandave
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

I have been reading some of the old talks about golf cart that you have been a part of. I have a ez go that does not go..... the coil behind the batteries get real hot and some have talked about that in one of your talks, but nothing was said what to do if that happens.....and you also talked about the Beast motor ........I am thinking about buying that motor so where can you get it. You see I have raised the 3 wheel cart and put 4 wheeler tires on it and I want to use it hunting. So what do I need to do I live in Americus, Georgia and that is where this cart was made.
Old 09-16-2008, 07:58 PM   #5
birdmandave
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

I looked at the contact and even reversed the reverse and foward power wires to the motor and now the reverve (forward) broke.....but the speed has not changed.......that coil gets really hot though
Old 09-16-2008, 11:33 PM   #6
rusty
Golf Cart Photographer

Club Car

Welcome to the forum birdmandave.................
rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2008, 07:39 AM   #7
birdmandave
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks for the Welcome ....................I am glad that I have found this site..........to help me with my NEW PROJECT as my wife would say
Old 09-18-2008, 05:27 PM   #8
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

the coils will get hot when driving slow thats there job............you need to start with the basics cables and batteries.......make sure cables are clean and tight and batteries are good do a voltage test and load test....check all cells with a hydrometer...................................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2008, 06:40 AM   #9
birdmandave
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks Tom.........What really should I be looking at when I check for the voltage?

Tags
ez go
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car