lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > General Discussion > Side x Sides/ATVs/Quads/Bikes/Jeeps/4x4's!
Side x Sides/ATVs/Quads/Bikes/Jeeps/4x4's! Side x Sides, ATVs, Quads, Bikes, Jeeps, 4x4, and everything else.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-28-2013, 09:57 AM   #21
93yellowclubcar
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Club Car

Default Re: "Other Rides" thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JcXtreme72 View Post
That vortec 4200 is one of he greatest engines ever made. I am building one now to replace the straght 6 in my 66 GMC.
GM Engineers got it right with those engines, I have mine hopped up, but nothing internal, and the one in Mom's 06 Envoy is stock. Both of them are just over 100k and still running strong as an ox. They never burn any oil between changes either - with the 4200 all you have to do is keep up basic maintenance and the thing will run to 250k with no issues, probably longer.

What year 4200 are you building? Lots of guys choose the 06 and up cause of the redesigned head and better PCM system to work with.
93yellowclubcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-28-2013, 01:31 PM   #22
JcXtreme72
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Its an 06. Went with it for the maf sensor. Easier to tune and responds better to boost.
JcXtreme72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 08:21 PM   #23
93yellowclubcar
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Club Car

Forgot about the MAF sensor. That sounds like its gonna be sweet, definitely need a build thread or some pics

You should check out GMTNation.com, its a site devoted to the GMT360 platform (Envoys and Trailblazers and Rainiers and Ascenders, etc. - all those clone models). I'm on there as Envoy_04, and there are guys on there who do some real cool stuff with the 4200, a couple turbos and one guy who has supercharged.
Old 12-29-2013, 12:17 AM   #24
JcXtreme72
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Oh I know that site. Check out limequat on google. He put a maf 4200 with a variable vain stock duromax turbo with a home made turbo manifold and tuning it made about 550hp. He stuffed it in a supra. If you use the colorado belk housing yiu can use a toyota 5 speed. I am having a real blast with adapters so I can run an NV4500. Still want granny gear but want to add OD.
JcXtreme72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 09:10 AM   #25
93yellowclubcar
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Club Car

Yep, I know about limequat and his awesome work, I've stared the turbo supra build for hours - its very impressive. He's on GMTN too, thats how I heard of him him originally.

Your GMC is gonna be sweet, pics and video are all I can say!

To the OP, sorry if I kinda jacked the thread toward this Vortec awesomeness - its time to get back on track and get the other rides back out there. Come on everybody -Let's see what you got!
Old 12-29-2013, 11:00 AM   #26
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Here is my other current ride......my baby

OBSSED AT PARK4 1.jpg

Right side FLAG A.jpg

Joe at EXPO.jpg
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 11:15 AM   #27
dragos28
Gone Wild

2010 Tundra
2001 SeaRay

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1373855694668.jpg (85.0 KB, 0 views)
dragos28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 02:52 PM   #28
bokeasmowl
friends call me Boke

Yamaha

The Tundras are nice, but you'd think the bonehead that designed it could have made the front and rear door handles match.
bokeasmowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 10:36 PM   #29
93yellowclubcar
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Club Car

Gosh, did I ever need a proof reader on that last post of mine!!

Anyhow, some of you have probably seen this from my tractor thread in the General BS section, but here's my baby, a 1960 (I think, years aren't as easy to track with tractors as they are with cars.) Massey Ferguson 35 Deluxe that is in the process of a working restoration. That means I'm restoring it, but not to breathtaking show stopper quality because I still use the tractor for its intended purposes. I'm about halfway through right now, she runs like a champ, which is my main concern.

MF35.jpg
Old 12-31-2013, 11:44 PM   #30
dragos28
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by bokeasmowl View Post
The Tundras are nice, but you'd think the bonehead that designed it could have made the front and rear door handles match.
They do match on the crew Max but not on the double cab. I do agree that it would've liked nicer with matching door handles all around
dragos28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > General Discussion > Side x Sides/ATVs/Quads/Bikes/Jeeps/4x4's!