lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-08-2012, 11:31 AM   #1
jereosbou
Not Yet Wild

Default can hear motor turning but no go

just picked up this cart yesterday yamaha something not sure which but has newer body style and the yamaha logog spelled out on front. rear seat surfboard top all in good shape but the seats. new batteries . guy couldnt get it working so i got it for 550.00

got it home charged batteries up good and now when i hit the peddle i can actually hear the motor turning but it doesnt go anywhere no grinding noises or anything just smoothe whirring sound so i am wondering if maybe gears are stripped or maybe motors bad. i will tear into both i guess to see but thought id see if anyone had ideas here first to save me some guessing.

thanks a bunch
jereosbou is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-08-2012, 12:14 PM   #2
smallblock450sl
Sometime's............

Yamaha

Default Re: can hear motor turning but no go

Some pictures would help in model identification. I would first check to see if one of the axle hubs are stripped.
smallblock450sl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 02:43 PM   #3
jereosbou
Not Yet Wild

i suppose this has similair hubs to the ezgo marathon rear ends where the drum for the breaks is the hub? ill take the body off and the rear axle tomorrow and post back with what i find.
Old 01-12-2012, 01:32 PM   #4
jereosbou
Not Yet Wild

well got it figured out.. pulled motor and diff cover to find that the drivers side axle shaft wasnt fully engaged in the spider gears. upon pulling the drivers wheel off i saw it wasnt seated all the way because the bearing on that side was shot it was disintegrated to pieces . so i pulled most of the remains out and stuck shaft back in to give it a try and turning by hand everything else seams fine so i think ill put in the new bearing tomorrow and have just bought my self a cheap golf cart.....
im pretty excited.
Old 01-12-2012, 02:26 PM   #5
rib33024

Good news, get her fixed and have some fun with it, good find
rib33024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha