lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-08-2019, 10:05 PM   #1
Boilermaker57201
Not Yet Wild

Default No power with key switch

I have an ezgo txt with an alltrax 400 amp controller. I have 12 volt part of key but i have no 36 volts going to the key anymore. I ran a jumper wire from 36 volt positive thru a switch and to the solenoid. Everything works perfect if i turn the temporary switch on. I have checked wires and everything looks fine. I hope it's not a controller issue but i need help trying to narrow it down.
Boilermaker57201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-08-2019, 10:23 PM   #2
orangeman6
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: No power with key switch

Which drive type is the cart. The path pack voltage takes to and from the key switch is different depending.
orangeman6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2019, 11:12 PM   #3
Boilermaker57201
Not Yet Wild

Oh sorry forgot that dcs
Old 07-09-2019, 11:30 PM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

On a quick look it appears controller pin 10 is the feed. If yes, the control is messed up assuming the sonic weld in the red wires is good??? Call Alltrax and confirm.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 05:03 AM   #5
Boilermaker57201
Not Yet Wild

I literally just got a warranty replacement controller this season. So far not very impressed. Installed the controller to spec and ran stock parameters. This would be the second issue in 2 years. I checked the pins for corrosion and or loose connection. I can check a little closer, maybe see what a multi meter says i guess.
Old 07-10-2019, 06:28 PM   #6
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Since the voltage feed to the keyswitch is totally external to the controller, I suspect the controller is okay.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg XCT in DCS.jpg (246.4 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 08:59 PM   #7
Boilermaker57201
Not Yet Wild

That would be great if it wasn't. Any suggestions where to test? Went from working when i parked it..... then i got ready for a golf tournament and dead as a hammer with the key and 39 volts on the batts. Everything seems tight and it runs perfect when i trick the controller with the bypass switch.
Old 07-10-2019, 10:33 PM   #8
Boilermaker57201
Not Yet Wild

That would be great if it wasn't. Any suggestions where to test? Went from working when i parked it..... then i got ready for a golf tournament and dead as a hammer with the key and 39 volts on the batts. Everything seems tight and it runs perfect when i trick the controller with the bypass switch.
Old 07-11-2019, 12:08 PM   #9
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

The voltage that feeds the keyswitch starts at the battery pack's main positive terminal, through the white wire (might be a fuse also) to the charge receptacle, then through the reed switch, Run/Tow switch and F/R switch.

The weakest point is the reed switch, so check the voltage on the smallest of the three wires coming out of the back of the charge receptacle.

Attached is a schematic with the voltage path to the keyswitch (and beyond) highlighted in red. It's for a stock controller, but external wiring is the same.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DCS Schematic - No Rev Diode - Pedal SW.JPG (131.6 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO