lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-01-2011, 08:55 PM   #1
lsutiger_77
Not Yet Wild

Cool Battery Prices & Comparison

I need to buy 6- 8 volt Batteries and Im wondering if Advance Auto Parts " Golf Cart " Battery is a Good One, I know Trojan is The Best but What are some Other Brands ?
lsutiger_77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-01-2011, 09:03 PM   #2
erict
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Battery Prices & Comparison

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsutiger_77 View Post
I need to buy 6- 8 volt Batteries and Im wondering if Advance Auto Parts " Golf Cart " Battery is a Good One, I know Trojan is The Best but What are some Other Brands ?
US battery
Crown
Costco has some as well, can't remember the brand.
erict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 09:04 PM   #3
Stevec3201
haveacupofshutthe****up

Club Car

US Batteries, Crown and Trojan are the main players. Sams also sells some other brand?? I got mine from a trusted local auto mechanic (trojans). From what I hear, the 3 I mentioned seem to be the best! I also think Rayovac makes them as well, but not 100% sure. Shop around, though. Consumer Reports gave bad ratings to Advance Auto's car batteries
Stevec3201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 11:28 PM   #4
trigger1937
Gone Wild

I had a 1999 Yamaha with 6-8volt batts and when the trojans died I put in US battery from my local Club Car dealer. That was in 2008 and they went bad in 2009 so I put in another total set of "Energizers" from Sam's club (no warranty anymore) and they were getting week in the last few months so I sold the cart and got a 2008 Club car.

I really believe the problem may not have been with the batteries but with the Yamaha charger which was a 1999 model and had failed on me once before. I had actually transferred the US batteries into a 1996 club car and used that charger and the batteries began to come back to Almost full charge, since the Club car charger was doing a better job.

The new 2008 CC I have has the 2010 Trojan batteries so you would think they should last. However, as many people know, Club Car and Trojan have stopped all business together and are suing each other over the +12 volt battery problems. Club car has lost a ton of money over the failed batteries under their 5 year warranty. CC blaims the Trojan battery and Trojan blaims the Club Car OBC and Charger. Club car has gone back to the 8 volt battery system and is using US Battery in all new carts. TahoeDawg has posted on this web site that if anyone changes back to 8 volt batts they will need to change out the OBC card to get proper charging. I'm sure a lot of people would like to know the real answer to this issue, since there are 100's of people with Club Cars that still have the 12 volt batteries and are wondering when and why will their batteries fail,... and would like to know how to prevent failures.
trigger1937 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 11:41 PM   #5
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

I bought 8V batteries at Sams Club, I maintained them VERY well, and they lasted for 4 years, and were still running well...
but, I told my "wife at the time" that 5 years maybe their limit,
Well... she didn't want to buy a new set... so she sold the cart!

lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 10:17 AM   #6
trigger1937
Gone Wild

Lockman,...What was the brand name of the batteries from Sam's Club and what did you do to maintain them.
Old 10-02-2011, 10:34 AM   #7
lockman1
What the ....?

Club Car

Sorry, I forgot... I got them at Batteries Plus!

They were "Werker" batteries... I kept them clean, charged and the proper water levels,
standard stuff, as long as the maintenance and care are kept up, they should last for up to 5+ years!

lockman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 06:54 PM   #8
sunoco
STEALTH 4X4

Club Car

I just put Interstates in mine. So far so good, but that was only a couple months ago......
sunoco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 08:19 PM   #9
v_dub1968
Not Yet Wild

Im using sams club batteries in both my carts with no problems. I live in ohio and they are duracell ....They say Deka, east penn right on the top.
v_dub1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 10:53 PM   #10
trigger1937
Gone Wild

It seems that Sam's club gets their golf cart batteries from anyone that is local. In the five guys that I have heard from all 5 got a different battery from either Sam's club or from Costco. The part I hate is that my local Sam's club no longer give ANY Warranty at all for any battery. The excuse is that LEAD and Copper as so expensive no one is giving any warranty anymore.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car