lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!
Big Block Talk! Everything about swapping a big block engine into your cart!

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-26-2007, 12:01 PM   #1
Clayboy
Gone Wild

Default Club car big block

Why in the world is a Club car bassackwards? Do you guys think a shaft mounted to the flywheel side of the engine will work ok in a CC?

4X4CC is looking to use a set-up like this. I think it will work fine to set the engine rotation correct for him. Anyone ever set one up like this?
Clayboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-26-2007, 12:51 PM   #2
TheNewGuy
Admin/Moderator

Yamaha

I've never seen a setup like that but it looks like it would work. I think
the guys at CPP use the reverse gear to go forward and the forward gear
to back up.

TheNewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 01:01 PM   #3
roady89

It "Might" work but the problem I see with it is that little tiny key that keeps the flywheel from spinning. That would be a limiting factor. I have seen alot of flywheel keys sheared because the nut wasn't tight enough.
Old 01-26-2007, 01:02 PM   #4
roady89

Whats the part number on that shaft? And who makes it?
Old 01-26-2007, 01:05 PM   #5
TheNewGuy
Admin/Moderator

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by roady89
It "Might" work but the problem I see with it is that little tiny key that keeps the flywheel from spinning. That would be a limiting factor. I have seen alot of flywheel keys sheared because the nut wasn't tight enough.
Good point.

TheNewGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 01:09 PM   #6
Clayboy
Gone Wild

I guess it is a briggs part. It came on the engine when I got it. Engine was in a lawn tractor. This shaft powered the hydrostatic trans of the mower. It is a 1" shaft and a Comet clutch would fit right on it.
Old 01-26-2007, 01:37 PM   #7
roady89

My second question would be does the other brigs have those extra bolt holes. One hell of an idea though. I would definatly get grade 8 or higher bolts and then torque the crap out of that big nut. Is there any clutch clearance issues with the shroud?
Old 01-26-2007, 03:08 PM   #8
Clayboy
Gone Wild

Bad news. On further review, I notice the clutch will clear the shroud, but will completely cover the fins on the flywheel restricting all airflow. That can't be good. Oh well it was a good thought.
Old 01-26-2007, 03:44 PM   #9
NO NO NO E-Z-GO!
Gone Wild

I've wondered about a setup like that also. And I was wondering (before I read the last page) whether or not the clutch would allow for air flow. I'm curious, why is there a castle nut on the secondary clutch?
NO NO NO E-Z-GO! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 05:55 PM   #10
4x4 CC
Frog Hunter

Club Car

thats is where i come in. I went to the lawn mower place and they said as lon as there is a little air, there wont be a problem, so, im goiing to get a little bit longer shaft made so there will be a crack for air. Should wrork great.

Ill keep the pics coming when i do it in the next month or so.
4x4 CC is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk!