lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-23-2009, 07:28 PM   #1
weekendwarriorfsw32
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Default Yamaha G2 won't recharge batterie.

Hello again,
Well I have in the last few day been wanting to ride my golf cart and yesterday I noticed it had a dead batt but this is a brand new batt. The day before it my friends were driving it and said that when they wanted to go it would not start so I just thought the lights got left on. So I charged it up and went for a run and had a BLAST in the mud but then I stopped and got back in and it was dead So why is it not recharging the batt? Do the Alt's on these golf carts go out after a while?
Thanks for any help
Nick
weekendwarriorfsw32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-23-2009, 08:12 PM   #2
Monsterezgokid
Kid no more!!

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Yamaha G2 won't recharge batterie.

Ive seen it to be a common issue now in the older yamahas that the voltage regulators go on them..
Ive seen a fiew that just stuck on, and overboiled the battery as well. you got lucky, were you able to save the battery?

It should be as simple as replacing the volt regulator located on the driver side rear fender. and you should be good to go. Its very unlikely that its the starter gen, ive never hear of one going out to date.

If you want to tinker, take the regulator out, and clean the relay contact with a thin sheet of emery cloth, those original hitachi regulators are great, but after many years, that relay contact tarnishes up. Just make sure you check your running charge voltage after you install everything back in. it should not be higher then 15.7v peak, and taper down to 14.6ish when fully charged.
Monsterezgokid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 12:20 AM   #3
weekendwarriorfsw32
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Yamaha G2 won't recharge batterie.

Alright thanks so much dude I think that was it the batt started out at 12.5 and now it's at 13.0 so it's going up thanks so much!
weekendwarriorfsw32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha