lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-31-2020, 09:55 AM   #1
Clittle97
Not Yet Wild

Default 96 series cart won’t go after wash

Hello all I have a 96 series cart yesterday I washed it under seat and put all new batteries in it. I still had the seat off and went to back it in the shop and something sparked under one of the two covers and now it won’t do anything. I have triple checked to make sure I did not hook the batteries up wrong but I can’t see where I did. The solenoid will click but won’t do anything.
Clittle97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-31-2020, 11:36 PM   #2
ThreeCW
Gone Wild

Cushman

Default Re: 96 series cart won’t go after wash

Water and electric carts don't mix very well ... in my personal experience anyway.

I would start by checking your battery pack voltage and ensuring it is what it is supposed to be.

Next I would make sure that you are seeing that same battery pack voltage on both main posts of the solenoid after it clicks to engage the power circuit.

If that checks out, since this occurred after washing your cart, I would disconnect the battery pack and one by one, disconnect any wiring connectors (especially the Molex connectors to the controller), check for any visible water and blow them out with compressed air whether you see water or not. A hot air hair blower can also be used to evaporate any water you find. Same for the forward / reverse contactor ... blow out to ensure no water is present.

Opening up the electronic compartment and baking it in the sun might also be another trouble shooting step if blowing the connections fails to produce results.

The sparking you experienced is definitely a concern with the possibility of a major issue such as a controller problem ... but best to start first with troubleshooting for a water ingress issue.
ThreeCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2020, 11:40 PM   #3
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

I agree with ThreeCW.

What 2 covers are you talking about?
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 07:26 PM   #4
Clittle97
Not Yet Wild

I am going out now to work on it the cover for the controller and the forward reverse switch not sure which it came out of just know it came from that direction
Old 06-02-2020, 08:04 PM   #5
Clittle97
Not Yet Wild

Battery pack is 37.9 positive side of the solenoid is 37.9 b+ side is 35.4 and when it clicks it goes to 37.9 gonna start checking these connections
Old 06-03-2020, 12:43 AM   #6
ThreeCW
Gone Wild

Cushman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clittle97 View Post
Battery pack is 37.9 positive side of the solenoid is 37.9 b+ side is 35.4 and when it clicks it goes to 37.9 gonna start checking these connections
It sounds like your solenoid checks out. I'm hoping your problem is just a wet connection somewhere.
Old 06-03-2020, 05:16 PM   #7
Clittle97
Not Yet Wild

Ok all the connection were good so going by the diagnosis on the sticky checking the controller I put the neg on the m- and pos on the b+ and it said the volts should be 0, they are 35.5 and when I push the pedal it goes to battery voltage. Dose this mean my controller is bad?
Old 06-03-2020, 05:19 PM   #8
Clittle97
Not Yet Wild

My bad I had the pos on the b- I just put on the b+ and neg on b- and I have no reading with pedal mashed and not.
Old 06-03-2020, 06:16 PM   #9
Clittle97
Not Yet Wild

So I have another cart that nothing is wrong with so I pulled the controller off it to put on here to see and that fixed it so I guess that was an expensive wash job. Thanks for your help ThreeCW
Old 06-03-2020, 10:08 PM   #10
ThreeCW
Gone Wild

Cushman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clittle97 View Post
So I have another cart that nothing is wrong with so I pulled the controller off it to put on here to see and that fixed it so I guess that was an expensive wash job. Thanks for your help ThreeCW
I had a similar experience with water entry into my controller ... instead of not working, it went to "wide open throttle" when turning the key. Luckily no one or nothing was hurt, I was able to dry out my controller, seal it up with silicon sealant and I have not had a problem since. Water can sure play havoc with an electric cart! You might want to play around with that non functional controller to see if you can get it dried out.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO