lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Design Center
Design Center Shop tools, fabrication and Paint and Body

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-27-2020, 01:32 PM   #1
ac921ol
Getting Wild

Default After a bomb cam job, do people put a top coat on?

After doing a few coats of rattle can, do people do a rattle can top coat. Some sort of sealant?
ac921ol is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-27-2020, 06:56 PM   #2
ac921ol
Getting Wild

Default Re: After a bomb cam job, do people put a top coat on?

So we did it, sanded with 320, degreased after (wipe on and wipe off different towels) adhesion promoter (rattle can).

So it’s drying now, I do feel some slight parts that are orange peel feeling, and some that are as smooth as butter.

Should we do some wet sanding?

If so what is the process for that?

I do want to get a clear coat on this at some point, that seems like I should wait for the paint to cure a few days before doing my clear coat.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-28-2020, 10:41 AM   #3
ac921ol
Getting Wild

Any guidance would be nice. Sitting in the garage right now.
Old 05-28-2020, 10:55 AM   #4
JohnnyG67
Getting Wild

Club Car

I did a friends cart earlier this year. I rattle canned the cart after primer (because it was cheaper than buying the paint from a paint shop) For the record it was lacquer based primer, then lacquer color then I used a gun to shoot lacquer clear (duplicolor paint shop system) I did NOT colorsand the base coat. I shot 6 good coats of clear on and let it cure up about 4-5 days then wet sanded with 2500 grit. Don't go crazy hard with that. Then I hand rubbed a section at a time with rubbing compound then finished with polishing compound also by hand. (machine buffing can be tricky if you're not careful) The reason I put 6 coats of clear was because I knew I was going to sand thru a coat or two.. As a side note... A VERY important side note.... Use like paint types Enamel with enamel Laquer with lacquer... You CAN go over lacquer with enamel but DON'T use lacquer over enamel... Laquer is chemically "hotter" and eats the enamel...
IMG_2206.jpg
JohnnyG67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 02:05 PM   #5
ac921ol
Getting Wild

Thanks, so I’m this case the wife and I are thinking we throw a few coats of clear on it and wet sand it down if it’s orange peel like, some
Running compound and polishing after the coats.

We plan on getting a paint job down the road, but for now just wanted to get it set up for ourselves.

What a good clear rattle can?

Krylon colormaxx is what we used for the cart.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 164F8E1C-F5D9-4B8B-AB7A-5E99142F156C.jpg (43.6 KB, 0 views)
Old 06-06-2020, 07:17 PM   #6
mikeb33
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I have never used, but hear good things about 2K clear? 2K meaning there are 2 parts in the can like epoxy and you push a button on the bottom to release the active ingredients and shake then spray. Lots of Youtube videos of people painting cars and other things.
mikeb33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Design Center