lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts
Lifted Golf Carts Off-Road Golf Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-20-2020, 10:07 PM   #1
Jamslights
Not Yet Wild

Default Suggestions on tire/wheel size

Hello all. I am sure there is a place I could look at photos, but can't find them, especially when I want to see the differences. I have a 99 CC DS Gas and I am going to add a 4" lift, Jakes A arm kit. I want to attach a tow hitch and tow around a yard car for mulch, fill, etc. around the yard. I want to make sure that the hitch works properly with whatever tire/wheel size I choose. I use the cart about 65% road and 35% yard/off road. I have read some websites and articles saying I can only have X size wheels and X size tires, which then contradicts other articles and websites I read. So my questions are, given the above information:

What is the largest size wheels I can use?

What is the largest size tires I can use?

I am debating on 10" wheels or 12" and not sure of tire size? Maybe 20" or 22"? I don't want anything too large and don't want a large gap between top of tire and fender/wheel well.

I was really hoping to see some of your photos of your carts with 10" or 12" wheels and 20, 22, or 23" tires.

Any photos, thoughts, suggestions would be great.
Jamslights is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-20-2020, 10:13 PM   #2
EzIndyGo
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Suggestions on tire/wheel size

I believe my lift is 3 or 4", but not exactly sure as the previous owner had it installed. He had 22x10-10" mud tires on it, but they measured 23.5" from treat top to ground. In addition, they were 6 ply. They rode rough, would slightly rub when turning on uneven ground, and just put unnecessary strain on the entire system (electric to boot and killing battery life).

I just got an AT 20x10-10 setup put on this week. I like it much better. Rides smoother, steers/drives/coasts easier, and I still like the look.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20200421_201938.jpg (218.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20200518_144018.jpg (236.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 20200518_145542.jpg (217.4 KB, 0 views)
EzIndyGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2020, 10:34 PM   #3
Jamslights
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by EzIndyGo View Post
I believe my lift is 3 or 4", but not exactly sure as the previous owner had it installed. He had 22x10-10" mud tires on it, but they measured 23.5" from treat top to ground. In addition, they were 6 ply. They rode rough, would slightly rub when turning on uneven ground, and just put unnecessary strain on the entire system (electric to boot and killing battery life).

I just got an AT 20x10-10 setup put on this week. I like it much better. Rides smoother, steers/drives/coasts easier, and I still like the look.
Awesome, thanks for the pics. I can really see the different when the tires are together. I do really like the 10" wheels with the 20" tires. Thanks!
Old 05-21-2020, 09:00 AM   #4
EzIndyGo
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamslights View Post
Awesome, thanks for the pics. I can really see the different when the tires are together. I do really like the 10" wheels with the 20" tires. Thanks!
You're welcome. I personally would recommend a 10" wheel, as that's going to give you more sidewall on your tire and result in a slightly smoother ride.
Old 05-21-2020, 11:09 AM   #5
Jamslights
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
You're welcome. I personally would recommend a 10" wheel, as that's going to give you more sidewall on your tire and result in a slightly smoother ride.
Excellent. Do you notice much road noise from the all terrain tires?
Old 05-21-2020, 12:24 PM   #6
EzIndyGo
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

I hardly do any road riding, so I can't comment on that. Use it tool around 20 acres or so.
Old 05-21-2020, 01:32 PM   #7
Jamslights
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
I hardly do any road riding, so I can't comment on that. Use it tool around 20 acres or so.
Gotcha, thank you!
Old 05-22-2020, 06:56 AM   #8
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

You will have more road noise on an AT tread pattern compared to a smooth street type tread. The rubber is also a little different compound and will wear pretty fast on pavement. If you do mostly pavement riding, I'd recommend a DOT tread.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2020, 07:21 AM   #9
Jamslights
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by slonomo View Post
You will have more road noise on an AT tread pattern compared to a smooth street type tread. The rubber is also a little different compound and will wear pretty fast on pavement. If you do mostly pavement riding, I'd recommend a DOT tread.
Are there any road or DOT tires that will work reasonably well on grads when towing a traffic cart? Very minor uphill in on my yard in a spot or 2.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts