lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC! > All things Lithium

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-06-2020, 07:17 PM   #1
Silenttrouble
Not Yet Wild

Default Upgrading 2013 CC Precedent to Lithium with motor/controller too.

Last winter i bought a CC precedent that supposedly had "new batteries" I didnt get a chance to drive it and test it enough to verify, and while they are new, they are shot because clearly left dead for too long. I get about 9hole before they are @ 7.95v.

So on to lithium. I've been toying with used leaf battery packs off ebay. Seems techdirect has best selection and some reputation. I also saw a gentlemen on here who bought brand new China batteries from Alibaba, 152AH 3.2v "HERE". My concern with the china batteries is the 30s peak pulse is only 300A, and the 2 min peak is 228A with a max continuous @ 152A.

While this seems ok for my stock cart, I wanted to buy a FSIP 48v Speed CC motor. I'm looking for 25-30mph and maybe a little torque because we have very few hills here. I figure I might as well do the batteries, the motor, controller, etc all at once. Planning to go with the zeva bms, and alltrax controller.

Anyone have any thoughts on this? New china bats vs used leafs that are 70% capacity. I suppose I don't know the china shipping prices yet, I hear they arent terrible.
Silenttrouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-14-2020, 06:54 AM   #2
jeffro22
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Upgrading 2013 CC Precedent to Lithium with motor/controller too.

I don’t won’t to steer you wrong and don’t really know enough to give you technical advice, but the used leaf batteries do extremely well in the golf carts , even at 70% capacity. There is a bunch of info here on the leaf setup to help with building and installing. I personally wouldn’t risk the unknown with the Chinese batteries. I am seeing 28mph top speed in my precedent with the Alltrax 500 and stock motor. My Torque and range are much improved with the 14 leaf pack

I feel the quality of a car battery used by Nissan is going to be better than a generic battery
jeffro22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2020, 10:21 AM   #3
Silenttrouble
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Upgrading 2013 CC Precedent to Lithium with motor/controller too.

I found found a post here about batteryhookup selling the brand new LG Chem volt batteries at a great price. I went ahead and bought those, of the 14 i ordered 2 had issue. The first one appeared to have been damaged as the holder was broke and there was a smell and gel like material in the holder, the 2nd one was a different model. The ones I ordered were n2.1 and one of the batteries was an n2.2. Without knowing if the AH or other things were the same, I called battery hookup and they promptly sent out 2 new modules. They are supposed to arrive today. All in all it was a great experience so far. I'm waiting on the ZEVA BMS to arrive next week and I'll start the assembly.

Dan
Silenttrouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC! > All things Lithium