lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts
Lifted Golf Carts Off-Road Golf Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-25-2020, 08:42 AM   #1
Stevop25
Gone Wild

Default Lift Questions

Hey guys I’m in the middle of an engine swap on my ‘90 DS and looking at lift kits and there are so many. Which one do I pick? We cruise and trail ride in this cart so I didn’t want to get something to jarring but would still support us off-road. Any help would be awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Stevop25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-25-2020, 08:45 AM   #2
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Default Re: Lift Questions

Jake's and All Sports is all I've ever used. If it's available and money is not an object, look at the LT kits, they will ride and handle so much better. Worth the money.
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2020, 08:50 AM   #3
Stevop25
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by slonomo View Post
Jake's and All Sports is all I've ever used. If it's available and money is not an object, look at the LT kits, they will ride and handle so much better. Worth the money.

Those LT setups look awesome but my wife may kill me [emoji23].

Old 04-25-2020, 07:00 PM   #4
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Spend the money once, do it right, be happy you did.

Over the years I've tried to do things on the cheap. Almost never works out. In contrast, when I do it the right way, the more expensive way, things almost always work out.

If the cheap suspension lift kit is $300, and the LT kit is $800....that's a $500 difference right? Hard to swallow. Until you ride two identical carts side by side, one with cheap kit, one with LT kit.....you'll quickly understand.

I've installed the LT kit for a few people. They always bitch at the cost, always. Until they ride in the cart. Then slonomo gets a high five and a beer!
Old 04-25-2020, 07:36 PM   #5
Stevop25
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by slonomo View Post
Spend the money once, do it right, be happy you did.

Over the years I've tried to do things on the cheap. Almost never works out. In contrast, when I do it the right way, the more expensive way, things almost always work out.

If the cheap suspension lift kit is $300, and the LT kit is $800....that's a $500 difference right? Hard to swallow. Until you ride two identical carts side by side, one with cheap kit, one with LT kit.....you'll quickly understand.

I've installed the LT kit for a few people. They always bitch at the cost, always. Until they ride in the cart. Then slonomo gets a high five and a beer!

Haha I know you are right. Where are you finding them for $800? The ones I found are for $1K plus. I have a ‘91 club car. Thanks for the input also.

Old 04-26-2020, 07:58 PM   #6
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

The LT's are the cream of the crop, but if you can't spend that much, go with an All Sports A-arm.
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2020, 08:23 PM   #7
Stevop25
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by jakesnake27 View Post
The LT's are the cream of the crop, but if you can't spend that much, go with an All Sports A-arm.

Thank you.

Old 04-27-2020, 07:24 AM   #8
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevop25 View Post
Haha I know you are right. Where are you finding them for $800? The ones I found are for $1K plus. I have a ‘91 club car. Thanks for the input also.

Ah, you have the expensive one lol. Well, all I can say is I've ridden in lifted Club Cars and they are really stiff, too stiff for my liking. That leaf spring front end is not designed for travel. If you are just using it on pavement you'll be okay. Same advice applies. Money well spent.
Old 05-29-2020, 07:00 AM   #9
Stevop25
Gone Wild

Ended up going with the All sports lift and am loving it. Leagues different from stock on the terrain we ride on. Thanks for the help guys and maybe I’ll spring for the LT on my next build.

Old 05-29-2020, 10:01 AM   #10
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Looks great, hard to beat an All Sports lift
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts