lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Tomberlin

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-02-2020, 03:49 PM   #1
POCTransplant
Not Yet Wild

Default Emerge Classic only running half speed

I have a 2010 Emerge Classic that sat for a few years under the impression the batteries were bad and I didn’t have the cash laying around to replace them. Fast forward to now, after reading several forums, I decided to pull the motor and clean the brushes. That got the motor moving again. I tried getting my old batteries back to life, which surprisingly, they came back to hold 47.5ish volts. When I took the cart out for a test run, it would only run 12mph. I tried some battery rejuvenation fluid, but that didn’t help my battery voltage, so I finally hit the bullet and replaced the batteries last week....Only to find that the cart still doesn’t go over 13mph. The speedometer also does not register any speed since the buggy has been brought back to life. What should I look at next? Any chance this is a speed sensor issue? This buggy ran 27mph before it sat. I’m pulling my hair out over this!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
POCTransplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-04-2020, 02:11 PM   #2
Golf cart guy
Gone Wild

Default Re: Emerge Classic only running half speed

If you had a scan tool you could check for sure, but the hall effect sensor under the floor board could be your issue. Very prone to failure.
Scan tool would be your best friend at this point
Golf cart guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2020, 01:24 PM   #3
POCTransplant
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golf cart guy View Post
If you had a scan tool you could check for sure, but the hall effect sensor under the floor board could be your issue. Very prone to failure.

Scan tool would be your best friend at this point

Golf cart guy, could a shop that works on club cars scan my buggy? There is no one that works on tomberlins anywhere close to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
POCTransplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2020, 01:36 PM   #4
Golf cart guy
Gone Wild

The club car scan tool will plug in and work
Golf cart guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Tomberlin